New Terra - Diablo meets Fallout

Also anyone else should feel free to join or improve the game. I am not strict as far as when it comes to improvements but I also will give an honest consideration to anything that is submitted. I really look forward to seeing the menu you draw up and also note that it is jquery and anything can be achieved so please feel free to get a bit wild.

Thanks for your good moderation monster, I m sorry about my uggly reply!

And good work with your project man!

leonn, I don’t like you either. But I’m not whining about it like a bitch. If you don’t like hearing my opinion, then don’t read my replies. Deal with your problems instead of whining to your mother (Moderator). You probably were the whining kid in school who always went to the teacher when someone told him he was an nerd or idiot or something. Learn to stand on both of your feet boy, or go back to your kindergarden. I don’t have time for whining little boys like yourself. I’m deeply offended, and I hope this won’t happen again. I can be just like you, you know…you want me to report you to an moderator. Don’t worry if you want to I’ll do it, but I usually isn’t that kind of guy. If I get offended by someone, I ignore them…or if possible put them down. If you keep going like this I would have to put you down you know.

hye hermodr

ahuahauhaahuhuhauhahauhuahuahuahuahuauahuahuaa, ahuahauauuhuhauhauhauhauauhauhauhauhuahauhauhauhuahuahhauhaua,a uah uahau hua huah uahuah uauha uhuahuahuahauhuahuahuahuaa

Thank you Leonnn. I try to be respectful to everyone and it was getting hard not to lash back. I just sit back and try to bite my tongue. Who knew that I almost bit it off right…lol

The project is still very active. I am just trying to get a few models done before i go back to programming. Also waiting on the farm to be done by Tirian888. Also waiting on the C3DL team to develop their engine a little more or I will need to work on it…bleh not looking forward to the latter. Then again its the price to pay to use such new technology.

@Renoxx777 - really? i quite liked the menu system phreaknation had in place, smooth, easy to navigate, reasonably elegant.
or maybe i just feel intimidated because my menus suck… lol

This is an open and public forum but there are rules and etiquette to follow on the forums. If someone is being offensive or harassing someone, dont act like children and lash back. The option is report or ignore. If they keep harassing then the only option is to report because it will just turn into some big flame war which I really do not want this thread to be. I have reported you for trolling, and further outburst will be reported. You can be civilized and talk like a normal human being or your can keep being offensive and get reported further.

@saeblundr I think its very boring imo. It was just something thrown together. Also he could improve upon it by doing some images for the menus. Lets see what he has and I will make a second menu for the public to vote on if I think it would be a good improvement. The worst case is it is not used. Best case, mine is replaced by a better system. Although he could just be talking about either the layout or wording/menus and the actual system stays in place.

I just felt like it was dry, but yes, it was easy to navigate. I just feel like when a player starts a game, the first thing they see (besides credit/legal/title screens) is the menu and it should convey the whole of the game to them.

Oh hey that last screen shot of the “love” room. I figured I’d show of the side table some. Its not to great but hey, its one of my finer models. Like the coat rack. It actually has some detail to it.

Showing off the current model.

The drawer has been opened to show that it is a complete working model. also showing that the handle isnt a basic handle but has some grace to it.

This is another view of the table with the drawer pulled out to show the inside of the table. I got all on the inside and made sure to the finest detail that it was complete.

I agree it was dry and boring, but a menu needs to be easy to navigate. VERY easy. I have played games where I was like “WTF? Seriously now, HOW DO I GET TO THE GAME!!!”. Also you are right, it does need to convey the game, maybe not the WHOLE game but it needs to follow the theme of the game. The reason I threw that menu together was to get a response like this. Some to see it and want to improve upon it. Its a very simplistic menu and can be done a lot better. I am not an artist, I am a programmer, which why if you see my models, they do have some detail but nothing serious. Most are very symmetrically and almost mathematical in a sense. There are two parts of the brain, the Artistic side, and the logical side. Some have been graced with one or the other, some both. I am a logical thinker :slight_smile:

Heres the menu, its a sketch so not much, but more pretty if anything.

Attachments

I like the feel of it, mind showing off some more on this menu? Also note that its not a one Player Character game. You have the change to play one of four characters and get the other as companions. With further npcs able to join like mercs and the such. Just a little info on it. Love the facial features, cold but distinct face, like you know something has fucked his mind up, but not a crazed psycho look. Wanting to see more if you could. Like how does the menus work in this system. Mine uses a two menu one tier system. First tier opens showing second menu, second menu opens a new menu. Hence, two menu/one tier. Exit is not important as this will be done in a browser window. I could have an exit and it close the window or it goes back to the New Terra main page. This game will be subset inside of a menu system similar to most browser games, but you can control the inventory and the like outside of the game so you wont have to load the game to buy and sell items and if you want click a button that loads another page to jump into the game, or do a pseudo lightbox styled popup that loads the game.

Alright, good idea. I was thinking, since you say it has the 4-5 main characters you can choose to play as, why not have all of their faces in the menu, so like it is above, and then say after 10 seconds, it fades to the next guy, ten seconds it fades to the next guy, so on? Thanks, i wanted to capture emotion in his face, as though hes out for vengeance, that hes got a little fight left inside for them. Okay, Ill drop the exit button. I wasnt sure about that, since i copied the options from your menu. Can you make a flowchart or some mapping of how the menus will work out? Ill work on another idea for one, with a dfifferent format

or have the player pick ahead of time which character s/he will play and show that one? I like the cycle idea though. Essentially like the current menu. each sub option will load into its own menu. If you haven’t, which I think you have, head over to view the menu demo. This will show the flow of everything. The player menu hides the other 3 characters, as it should. It is showing the other 3 characters(atm) that you can be but since its going to be a demo at first I am hiding the others. “Hurlock Jones” who I am thinking of having that characters creator change the name because of the similarities to name Shurlock Jones, but not personality. Hurlock will be kind of a hardcore mode and show a different side of the story line in some areas while the other three do roughly a similar story line but with different options. I wont make the story as linear as possible but, it is a story. You will be able to roam as much and as free as possible.

@Renox777 I have also added you to the team as a concept artist since you have submitted a menu concept. If you would like to join the team you are more then welcome.

hey phreaknation im a programmer well I do most of my programming in c++, but java shouldent be hard to learn my emain is [email protected] so email me if your interested:) I also have a dropbox but I havent used it in a long time so I have to look for it

Here is the models thus far that have been accepted. The small one is a flash drive made by abdu. Also the square small one is a stage light.

Very cool renox, and phreaknation rotate the normals of the tabble, purple means inverted normals on sketchup, I worked with it a lot of time, but I can tell you that you should stick to blender s modelling base, its way better than sketchup, trust me.
Sketchup is excelent for houses or buildings, but after I learn how to model on blender, I just make the layout on skethup and make more complex shapes directly on blender, is cool and easy, at least for me!

Heres a redo of the menu formatting, although its lost its grit. Its more of a placebo for the titles

Attachments