Oscar's rendering thread

Well I’m a full time student (M.Tech in Industrial design engineering), so no, this shit is not my job (yet?). I do get some regular freelance CGI work though, but that’s mostly arch viz.

Pretty cool, well - if you were a 100% amateur I’d be impressed but a little sad, since you could (and do, apparently) make some money at it.

I usually don’t even like car renderings (there are just so many) but these go that extra mile.

cg-cars was one of my favorite sites too… i visitd it half as much as i do on BA. i still ope it comes back again.

thanks for letting me know your nowdays inspirations!

Today’s work:

Will have to re-render this because the mirrors are hovering in the air at the moment. :smiley:

or just add like some lens flares on the doors(and some rocket thurster smoke) to make it seem like the doors can vertical takeoff.

Same scene but profile shot:

No words for this.

3K version of the front render with fixed side mirrors. Bet the forum will resize it and compress it to pieces though.

You use Indigo, correct? These renders really are something. Have you ever used mentalray? If so, what do you think?

Yeah, I use Indigo. I haven’t tried Mental Ray actually - lots of pros used to use it, but nowadays it seems to have lost most of it’s user base to V-Ray. Think Nvidia is focusing its development on Iray instead.

Spent the whole evening on this. The carbon kinda sucks, but what the heck.

Double post

Here’s a quickie - Merc SLR McLaren. Modelled by a friend of mine.

Some carpaint test.

Excellent renderings! Do you modelling the cars too?

Thanks man! Yes, most of the models are mine, though the SLR in post #75 isn’t.

wow ! great job,
you use only indigo render ?

for the post prod, photoshop ?

Thanks man! Yeah, I often spend just as much time in PS as I do in Indigo if I’m honest.

I was just going to ask, what is your post-pro workflow like? Do you break out passes/layers or just tweak a flat image? What do you do with the various passes?