Particle Morphing Tools (First Part Updated)

Hello sftd, that worked great, very easy to use also. Is there a way to get rid of the flat shading look ? Or maybe somehow use a soft body so the faces don’t have to get cut?

Oh excellent I have win 64 bit so that is perfect! Thanks for the quick response also. I tried to use a mesh deform modifier but did not work so I will try the morph modifier.

Got the morph version of Blender and tried that, at the end of the morph the sphere is smooth but suzanne is still flat shaded, I don’t know perhaps I am not doing something correctly?

*Update:
No it is working after all, must have forgotten to smooth shade suzanne the first time. Like the new transition as well, please let me know if you make a tutorial for this one, I would really appreciate it, thanks again for sharing this modifier its great!

Tutorial for Morph Modifier can be found in Morph Modifier thread. Here is the link:
http://vimeo.com/64334039

Remember it is still work in progress so many thinks may not work or may be hard to use.

Ok thank you looking forward to when it is completed as well.

sftd, This has been the most incredible Blender news of my week. I’m not overstating that.

Any news regarding Group Morphing? Having seen the video demos of it, this is, to me, the greatest development in Blender since integrated Motion Tracking.

Thank you so much for working to develop this capability. Trunk or not, I’ll always keep your AddOn in my top list of resources! For my workflow, you might as well have given me Cycles… or a new computer. :yes:

Beautiful! I can imagine so many scenarios where this will speed up production beyond reckoning!

Well thanks, buy unfortunately for now you should be storming only my door :slight_smile: I haven’t submitted anything yet, so no one hasn’t even gotten a chance accept it. I hope I will be done before next release and will be able to get some of my solutions accepted. But please remember that I’m doing this in my free time and my job has a priority, so can’t make any promises about “release” date.

Entirely understand. Honestly, not trying to pressure you; just trying to be helpful. Looking forward to all of these awesome capabilities! God bless!

Fantastic videos!
But github link is seems to be broken.

Ups… Sorry about that. I removed this repository when started working on morph modifier (as future of particle morphing tools).

Use this link: http://allblue.pl/particle_morphing_tools.zip

does it work on 2.68?

…and is there a status update regarding progress on the modifier?

Unfortunatelly I don’t know and don’t have time to test it (for now). I am focusing on finishing Morph Modifier.

There should be a bigger update in a week or two.

@1832vin and sftd
It was not working on 2.68 due to an api change. If you create a node.new() you have to set type to a bl_idname. I have made a quick fix: http://www.luna-project.de/particle_morphing_tools.zip

Cheers cortot

hello this add on is so amazing but your link doesn’t work. it’s still working on 2.69 ? can you send us ?

Looked every place just keep getting file not found or server not found ?

Yeah… Sorry about that. I was making doing some cleaning on server. Will put it somewhere soon.

there is no add-on file on link provided…help me out…i cannot wait to test this add on

Hello, I am waiting for links to be fixed also. If anyone knows where i can download add-on, please let me know. I guess I will keep checking the original link @sftd

someone who already has the add-on saved can you upload the file to a torrent so we can get it? Thanks!