Pit Monsters

updated trebby, I fixed some of the armatures and redid the animation a little. It still needs a texture…
Trebuchet(2).blend (200 KB)

-roz

Rozzy, it’s wiser to send your work directly to Andrew through PM. When you start posting work, it starts to clutter the thread. Your stuff is great; however, so I don’t mind quite as much.

peace,
-nick

Sorry, I didn’t realize that I could send attachments through pm. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again. :wink:

-roz

[edit] - Crap. There I go again!

Sorry, I didn’t realize that I could send attachments through pm. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.

It’s cool man, I’m not THAT uptight.

peace,
-nick

Hey guys,
I’ve been away on holidays for the past week so I’ve haven’t been working on this.

Heres an update of whats happened to the game:
-I’ve changed the tiles, added mud instead of water. Look at the screen shot.

-I’ve made it so the builder can now build the towers, I need to refine that a bit.

-Rozzy joined me on this game. Hes the ideas man/modeller. We’ve been PMing eachother and we’ve got some good ideas coming.
Some ideas are having ‘passive towers’, these are towers that don’t attack but alter the towers surrounding it. Like a ‘scout tower’ will increase the range of the towers around it and a ‘tax tower’ will increase the bounty from killing monsters.

Hey! I’m working on an isometric game! But then again, it’s a turnbased strategy game…
anyway, looks nice, and if you wouldn’t mind, I might use those tiles.
oh, and did you know you spelled “screen shots” “Sreen shots”?
and you also spelled “development” “devolopment”…
do you have a click to build script? I know a really easy way to keep the towers from building outside of the cells.
You can use the tiles, I got them from the site linked in the first post.
I know about those spelling mistakes, apparently PS doesn’t have spell check D:. It’s actually spelt ‘Creen Shots’ btw :o

The building script is a WIP right now, it works but its sloppy. To stop my buildings being built outside the tiles I have a mouse over any sensor, I check if the object has the property ‘tile’ then if the tile has a property ‘passable’ set to 1. The passable flag is also for the path finding.

@Rozzy; The trebuchet looks awsome, nice animation aswel.
I’ll get back to you on the scout tower, waiting for your PM reply, I don’t like the roof of it though.

And post the towers here, you can’t attach them to PM’s, maybe edit a previous post and attach it there.

sweet beans mate. I wish I could help you, but I just decided to sit back again and work on my portfolio again.

peace,
-nick

yeah, umm. Don’t use the scout tower, it’s crap. I must’ve been slightly yadda yadda.

-roz

Andrew-101, this project looks very exciting, I love tower defense games. Also I love how you organized the first post with the header images and everything.

I hope to see this in the game competition!

Quote:
Hey! I’m working on an isometric game! But then again, it’s a turnbased strategy game…
anyway, looks nice, and if you wouldn’t mind, I might use those tiles.
oh, and did you know you spelled “screen shots” “Sreen shots”?
and you also spelled “development” “devolopment”…
do you have a click to build script? I know a really easy way to keep the towers from building outside of the cells.
You can use the tiles, I got them from the site linked in the first post.
I know about those spelling mistakes, apparently PS doesn’t have spell check D:. It’s actually spelt ‘Creen Shots’ btw

The building script is a WIP right now, it works but its sloppy. To stop my buildings being built outside the tiles I have a mouse over any sensor, I check if the object has the property ‘tile’ then if the tile has a property ‘passable’ set to 1. The passable flag is also for the path finding.

well, the way I kept my iso game from targeting spots that were not in squares, is make all the squares 1 blender unit by 1 blender unit, and make the center of each tile on a point that’s X and Y coords are whole numbers (0,0 - 1,0 - ect.). Then when getting the mouse coords, round the number. With that setup, the tile your mouse is on will have it’s center as the mouse coords.

Wow nice work! The textures are awesome and you have a nice layout of building squares.
Can’t wait for the demo :slight_smile:

Thanks for the yummy words guys.

@curly, thats how I did mine aswell.

Rozzy added 643kb to the game in the form of a builder, check the screen shots:

I’ve put the builder in the game, he’s working good.
So far the game runs on two scripts, one init script which is about 20 lines long and a single update script that is about 200 lines long. And then there are the modules which have the pathfinding, level creation and unit data in them.

Update time.

Rozzy has modelled 4 monsters and I have finished the building system.

Next up for me is to make the monsters spawn and walk down the path while Rozzy is making some particle effects, objects and some smaller pit monsters.

Progress is running smoothly, a demo is not too far away.

Some new screen shots:

Awesome, this is making sweet progress. Those models are lookin’ neat. I can’t wait till this is done. Good Luck.

Wilkie

I’m excited about this game, it looks like fun.

Cooool, a mod excited about my game ><

I don’t see the grub up there, did you get it?

Great work you two, this is looking great!

I don’t think I did get the grub.

I’m also going to be going away for 3 days tomorrow.

Again, great progress. I just wanted to encourage you guys to finish this project since it seems that you are pretty close to doing so. (or, at least closer than everyone else)

peace,
-nick

Again, great progress. I just wanted to encourage you guys to finish this project since it seems that you are pretty close to doing so. (or, at least closer than everyone else)

Totally second that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck.

Wilkie