Pit Monsters

Thanks for all of your encouragment. We’ll try our best to finish. We have big plans for our next project (oops! I’ve said to much allready!) We’re still keeping our eye on this project though. Thanks again.

-roz

Hah, I was wondering if we should tell them about that.
They can wait >: D

Next project?.. Care to elaborate?

Well, it is top secret, you know, the whole kill you if I tell you. That sort of stuff.
We’re just discussing it atm

edito:

Monsters now walk down the path:

Rozzy’s grub that I misplaced:

Once I finish the AI for the towers (super simple, I’m already pretty much done) and neaten some stuff up then its demo time.

I’m getting around 30 fps with 10 monsters on screen, but 40% of the whatever-it-is (profile?) is going into the rasterizer which is good because my graphics card is noob.

The game is also around 1.4mb zipped up.

Nice, this is making really good progress. Good luck.

Wilkie

you know that if you turn off the profiler you get a better frame rate right?

You’re totally right! Next time I should count by eye…

Trying to build up suspense here. I’m waiting for a demo. :smiley:

peace,
-nick

We probably won’t have any “demos”. Just one completed game. We’re almost done anyways.

-roz

Really your almost done? That was quick! About how long will game play be?

Try playing a TD game, and you’ll find out.

-roz

You mean like one of the ones from flashportal?

We are almost finished, I think about 2 more weeks and we will be wrapping it up.
I was away since Friday so there is not much of an update to give you, Rozzy made another monster while I was away.

I started uploading a video on Friday, but had to leave before it finished, so here it is:
http://vimeo.com/2768217

About the length of game play, a TD game has levels, so the more levels the longer you can play for. I’m hoping to get about 30 minutes of levels into it. I’m also thinking of linking levels so your money carries onto the next level.

cool! can’t wait to play.

Hey man, sweet stuff… those creatures/ people look like you’ve texture painted onto it. tell me i’m right? :smiley:

vimeo link is down?

wrong. I made them all in PS.

@ Minifig, why would you revive this? When andrew and I want to, we will.

oops, sorry minifig, After looking at the post dates, It wasn’t you. Radman, damn you!

Yea sorry about the video, apparently I can’t put game demonstrations on vimeo, I sent them an email saying I made it ect ect but I havent heard back from them. You’re gonna have to go without the video.

I stopped work on this for a bit because I had some work to do, but I’ve just started working on it again yesterday, linking stuff up, probably going to be an update in about 4 days.

A bit longer then 4 days? Mmm, anyway update time, been working the code some more. Changed it to perspective mode because ortho needs some work before it can be used in the GE imo.

So, I added in the objects (trees, logs, bushes, rocks, castle, cave) and gave the level a bit of a border.

I can really see this getting finished, the competition deadline extension makes it even more better. I do have a fair bit of home work for the weekend so work may get delayed a bit again.

Well done!
I was wondering about the update…:wink: