Pre-Release: Physical Camera 0.6.1 Addon

Bugs report of “Pre-Release: Physical Camera 0.6.1 Addon “:
When I try to uninstall this plug-in (because the focus distances can not over 100m), I find that this addon modify my Cycles exposure ( I delete the addon) the render still get black ( I need to gain 5 stop of exposure to get back my normal exposure). How can I uninstall this plug-in and get back my normal cycles?

Most of the features are not working in 2.76. Can somebody fix this? :slight_smile:

I was excited about this addon, too bad it seems to be on hold.

+1
Very needed functionnalities, and so far great and accurate add-on !

Computing accurate lightsources is not easy but would be insanely useful.
We’d have to model standard lightsources (KinoFlo, LitePanels, Arri Blonde, etc), then match a reference 3D render to real-life light measurement.
But then you’d have to take into account the camera dynamic range and gamma/log picture style.

Anyways, I’m using it and I love it :slight_smile:

This is awesome :d

Hello guys.
I wonder if there is any automated thing in the blender so I can get the same effect described here.

: D

Thank you very much.

@ bashi,

Thanks for you shared your addon.

Most of the features are not working in 2.78c.

It’s to possible to implimennted Architect camera in Cycles? Yafaray and Luxrender there is an additional camera type which called Architect camera.

Thank you.

modded version for blender 2.78c …

I am NOT the author, but took the liberty to update this addon to work with Blender 2.78c:

Everything seemed to work, except for the “F” key to focus camera ( using raycast to object )
Script gave error messages about ray_cast parameters …
Looks like API changed, so it had to do with mixing matrices with vectors …

I fixed that part of the script and now hitting “F” in 3D-VIEW focuses the physical camera properly without errors.

see screenshot ( The “+” in the “camera limits” is where it is focused )

Modded Version for Blender 2.78c —> physical_camera06-1_mod_for_278c.py.zip (8.76 KB)
unzip the .py file to your scripts/addons folder

in user preferences it will appear as " Scene: Physical Camera 06-1 Modded for Blender 2.78c"

Enjoy!

Want an addon for 3D-STEREO cameras that can render images/animations in many different Stereocopic formats?
its FREE !

check it out here: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?432942