Project Cassandra - Character Setup Video

Very nice. A few things that could be improved are: A health bar when in sniping mode. The capturing base meter showing how much the enemy has captured it. Controls get glitchy when next to a dead body. I personally like enemy health bars, but it’s not necessary.
Good job on everything so far, and good luck in the competition.

Havent tried the demo, but for concept and what looks to be done it looks like it could be a LOT of fun ^^lil beat’em up game -two thumbs up-

Just played it. It’s pretty cool, I have some critique, though know it’s in the early stages I won’t judge too much.

Some controls are a little unresponsive, the shield for the sword man is an example. Also I wasn’t able to use the sword with Cassandra for some reason, the animation didn’t seem to play fully.

The soldiers helping you with the battle have weird AI where they sometimes end up running into each other endlessly :confused: It feels like you’re going solo, but it makes you feel stronger and accompanied, even though you’re doing most of the fighting.

The capturing the base thing is pretty cool, I didn’t know what the bars on the side did at first, but I figured it out right now.
Well, I just wanted to point out a few things, the game was pretty sick :stuck_out_tongue: I was sad there was only 1 game to play haha

Good luck and Happy new year!
Linkxgl

mcguinnessdr: Thanks, yeah I purposely didn’t add a healthbar for snipe mode, otherwise, you could just stay in snipe mode the whole time…

Ruelle: Thanks! Yep, that’s what it is.

Linkxgl: THanks, yes this is still in development. About the controls being unresponsive, yes that’s a phyics problem that I will fix. Yes, I’m planning on making the AI much much better. Thanks, I’m glad you like the capturing bases!

Remember guys, if you like it or played it, please rate it! :slight_smile:

New screenshots please? For some reason my laptop doesn’t want to play it. It would be nice for everyone else too.

Bump! I just updated the main post with some new screenshots.

I saw that you seem to have problems with proper texturing of the models, maybe my tutorial i did quite some time ago helps you to solve that problems.

Its with 60 minutes a quite long tutorial, but it covers a lot of parts of texturing and stuff :slight_smile:

Happy New Year :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Here is another, newer one by me for textur baking and stencil mapping :slight_smile:

Jimmyon: no, i’m not having problems texturing. It’s just that our final models haven’t been made yet, all art assets in this demo were made quickly to make the demo at least a little bit visual. I have some very great artists on my team who know what they’re doing :stuck_out_tongue: but unfortunately, there wasn’t enough time to get proper models/textures made in time for New Years(we’ve only been working on this demo for 2 - 3 weeks and our art was started 1 -2 weeks ago and none of it made it into this demo)

btw, nice tutorials :wink:

I can never climb the ladders, and sometimes I fall down dead before all of my health is gone and I just lay there waiting for people to shoot me and eventually I die even though I’m pressing buttons. Also, once I started out and I fell into lava, and another time my character was massive for no reason.

Besides those bugs it was great! :smiley:

Edit: Oh, and the concept art? Amazing. :slight_smile:

Really good stuff, I hope to see it when it’s fully completed.

Martut: hmm… strange. I have never seen these bugs. well I have seen the massive bug, but I think it’s a glitch with blender :\ What is your OS and what version are you running it on?

THanks, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

I’m running Windows 7, and I’m running it on Version 5.56 Beta, so that could definitely have to do with it. :yes:

Gameplay Video!!!

https://youtu.be/W9rq_VzFETs

UPDATES: A weapon set has been completely modeled and textured by Hanzo. They look great and we are working on putting them to use immediately.

Attachments

Multiplayer Networking Test!

60 fps and perfectly synced. I hope it works half as well when used on two networks.

yep, we’ll see how it does when it’s not local host. I’m sure it will go just a tiny bit slower(sync I mean) it’ll stay 60 fps I’m pretty sure.

Some WIP work on a level.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1393.snc4/164524_122974447770951_115436928524703_147730_6393073_n.jpg

Remember, still work in progress.
Please comment!

Wow, that’s pretty good. The path is untextured, but I’m sure you know that, as it’s a work in progress. Continue!

joeman: thanks, although… it’s supposed to be a stream :stuck_out_tongue: and yeah, that part’s untextured.

I’ve been working on a climb system
Tell me what you think :wink: