Project Cassandra - Character Setup Video

that’s really cool! Though it seems like when the player is heading down the legs get a little glitchy. Otherwise it’s nice :slight_smile:

So basically, you are setting the position of the hand bone to the position on the grabbing part you want it and depending on where you are moving it, the hand snaps to the next grabbing point closest to the body?

Just a guess, if you could briefly explain, it’d be cool.

a bit offtopic: Who the fuck starts rating down all bigger project threads? Someone seems to be really jealous XD (Just rated 5 stars)

Wow, this looks like it’s coming along very nicely. I will definitely be watching this.

mokazon: Very cool little demo. I just have a few issues with it. 1 The movement did not seem natural. I think this could be fixed by only allowing 1 limb to move at a time, and insuring the places the legs and arms reach to are a proper distance from the body. The only other thing is that the body seems to move too smoothly. I think what you have there is a floating body with snapping limbs, which is still very cool looking, but could be tweaked to look better. If you could find some way to make it look like the limbs are actually propelling the body, I think your system would be extremely impressive.

I think that system would be very fun to improve.

gomer: exactly my thoughts. At the moment I am programming some physics like you have said so the body isn’t so floating(which actually, it is :p) Easier said than done however. And yes, definately very fun :slight_smile:

mcguinnessdr: thanks you for your kind words

Jimmyon: thanks for the vote. I have no clue who keeps rating us low :frowning:

I’d appreciate it if you would hold of the rating until we have some graphic work to show(I know that’s what makes you guys vote games high :p)

A bit more work on a test level. You should look for a demo soon with a sample of a puzzle!
Here is a screenshot:

http://diexon.com/portfolio/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mayan-folio.png

Still work in progress of the test level:

The texture of the blocks (where one needs to be pushed in with the rest, I’m guessing) is too large. It should be smaller.

Joeman16 - true… I haven’t actually made the texture for those yet. They’ll have some ancient symbols on it and stuff. For now, the UVs are zoomed in on one of the bricks from the brick texture.

MOKAZON :smiley: Lookin goood dude, just remember to credit me for the trees :wink: lol I did after all provide them for you.

micah702 - thanks, and yep of course :wink:

Here is a video showing our user interface

We have some incredible level art in the making that I can’t wait to share. Our environment artist (Giovanni Lucca) has been working long and hard to make our newly GLSL-enabled game look as incredible and visually-stunning as possible. It is, thus far, the best level art I have seen on blender to date and I’m proud that our game will present it. Stay tuned!

Good Red Hand, I’m waiting :DD

Check out this update on our site! This shows a sample of some of his level design. These images are mostly of semi flat planes with assets placed above it. You will see some awesome level modeling later on aswell.

http://diexon.com/ayria/?p=32

@mokazon, Red Hand, Giovanna (he’s on the forum, right?) - Wow. That looks really great. It looks simply professionally done. Great job with this one.

Joeman - thanks, and yeah hes on the forum Giovanni_lucca I think… not sure.

Haha, no, unfortunately I’m not Giovanni. But I’m publicly known as Chris Martin off the forums.

Nice, getting good :smiley: Keep goin.

Here’s a little demo showing some of the features of the movement system.