Sci-fi Blenderguru Competition: W.Y.Corp. [uriel] >>> Final Entry Page 4

This is pretty epic man:P And I dont throw that out often:) Keep going please!! Love they extra effort your putting into your posts here on BA. Maybe a panoramic would be better to get all of the scene you looking for.

Happy Blending:P

an update view of the control station…modelling in progress for the technical elements:

i decided to replace each previously made objects by some new ones…with details and materials, the big surfaces have textures.

This is inspirational work, and thanks for sharing your workflow, its given me lots to think about.:yes:

Re design of the control stations, this time using my first “style” with new rotating arm-controller…on the path

It’s only saturday morning, so…full modelling weekend…yatcha :slight_smile:

if everything goes well, i will finish the scene for monday, then rendering and compositing will be my focus for the next week of this challenge…the last one :slight_smile:

secondary consoles and controls…

Brut render:

Same scene with a littlle bit of compositing, i will use lens distorsion node, better than using x-large angle camera!

Sunday morning, 50% of the scene is complete (meshes), still enough time to finish it for tonight…

An other test using an updated version of my compositing setup:

Attachments

Good morning ! This is the last week of the Scifi competition…still playing around with some compositing ambiance: I hesitate between 2 setups:

Last part of the modelling is coming soon… :slight_smile:

Hi,

epic wip. Thanks for sharing your skills, tips and workflow mate !

View of the rear-bridge…i will add some details (greebles) later on, to the corridors and to the side panels.

Attachments

This is a nice thread. Nice models, materials, textures…
Might I ask the node setup you used to get that effect on the sun rays?

Here, i start to put all together to check the whole scene lightings and objects positions:

Model is 85% complete…J-6 :slight_smile:

I try now to fix the camera position, the goal is to complete the scene according to what will be seen in the final image…i don’t want to do some work for nothing ! right ? So let’s go ahead…

Here is my last test for now, i have added some details by hand, so i can see if it’s going well.

Please, comments are welcome at this stage…

now, it’s time to take decision regarding the general “mise en place”, first, i will not use lens flare and Dof…seems that it will give a (too) fancy effect on this image. I will use Lens distorsion, better than fish eye camera, i will keep the last compositing setup for my final render…i will have multi-pass for renderlayers, including Emition for better VFX.

this is my last task list (in order) and their level of completion:
[- To finish the model of the interior ship (add greebles and small details) —90%

…countdown is running… the sprint is about 6 days…into science fiction ! :yes:

you should have the finall node gradient map color compisition to make the whole movie keep in the same style of colors.

Looking at post 47 in the blue view I thought the screens yellow got to hight contrast and too much attention from that, but you have already improved that, I really don’ thave that feeling looking at your last picture. I have really enjoyed following this thread of yours, and will follow it until you are finished of course. (If you’ll open new wip-threads in the future, please let me know, it’s interesting to see your work evolve.)

Good morning !
i’ve just change my mind regarding the final format of my image, i will be 2.35:1 Cinemascope (2540x1080px), looks fine to me now :slight_smile:

Now i have to adapt my camera angle and the lens distorsion, to get the desired effect !

i love such ratio for cinematic it gives some art of you know like yeah!

Nice throwback to Cinemascope :smiley: Didn’t think anybody still knew what that was :smiley:

Yep…an other test phase… i will have to end up with this soon…

Extra one for the rear bridge…more colors !?

Just for the fun, i finish some greebles for the scene, i knew where to put it before i did it…of course…Now, time to look at the whole model…and conclude it.

J-5

Tasks list update:
[- Scene: 3d model —Done

• To paint textures for panels, screens, roof, floor and characters. —Done
  • To make human characters more…living creatures in action! —Today’s job](http://blenderartists.org/forum/)

i will add more details to the characters that are on the front…i have to find them some good names :slight_smile:
There is 12 people on board, 10 men and 2 women, skin colors, heights and hairs will be unique to identify each one…a lot of fun in perspective !