Some more chocolate

Looks yummy! Realistic result. So good, this should go to the gallery!

A most delicious result! As to keeping a tutorial’s length under control, perhaps you could restrict it to the most relevant parts (the chocolate), expaining the issues that you ran into, what you tried, dismissed, and why, and how/why you decided on the particular approach that you picked in the end. Your reasoning and thought processes alone would be extremely useful, I would think, in stirring the creative juices, even if you don’t provide a step-by-step way to reproduce it all. In any case, top-notch work. Most impressive.

Great looking strawberries and the chocolate - so thick and rich - if anything maybe the waves of chocolate on the last image are a bit too uniform, but that’s me just being picky :slight_smile:

timefly, I will try. Meanwhile I sent the strawberry file to blendswap and I shall soon post it here.
I don’t have a lot of time right now, trying to recreate my reel to go after work. But I will see what can be done.

What of those videos do you guys want to know the most? They are very different in technique, so I don’t know if I will be able to explain both.

ringbarkis, yes, you are right. I was so worried about the render and to remove the imperfections from the mesh that I did not care so much about the simulation or the dynamics. It is too uniform in deed. I hope to get time to redo that one soon.

WOOOW! yummy!!

Wow, really nice! Would love to try that too.

You mentioned in your post the lack of “dynamic vertex groups”. I don’t know exactly what you wanna achieve with that function, but you can easily manipulate and animate vertex groups with the “dynamic paint” feature in blender? Maybe take a look on that. Great work anyway.

Hi guismo,

Awesome work. I would like to know, if that not bother you, how you did the strawberry, I tried to make one some time ago, with not a good result as yours.

Cheers.

Wow that looks really professional :smiley:
great job

Here are the strawberries, I will update the main post

Mattmump, I am going to play with dynamic paint now, but I doubt it solves the problem. I will paste what I wrote in vimeo for you to understand
pasteall.org/blend/18857
In the file you can see that disabling the remesh, the displacement only happen close to the cube, as a result of the vertex weight proximity modifier. If you enable, everything is displaced, because the the vertex groups are discarded.
Not that remesh should keep the vertex groups. We should NOT have to assign vertex groups to each vertex in the first place. We should be able to create a vertex group and blender would understand that all vertex in the object have are in that vertex group, but with zero weight. That way something like vertex weight proximity could do its magic, no matter what are the vertex inside.”

BY ALL THE DEITIES NAMES, IT WORKS!!!

What an odd and completely unexpected solution but it does!!

Oh my ******g **d! Why on earth did I not create a WIP thread before I tried that! All this years with me thinking that this is impossible…

It is very unusual still. And considering how blender use to work, probably will not work in all situations, but it is a solution!

Damnnnn
I will have to remake the whole work again. I just can’t let this through. Here I was thinking I was so genius to be able to find a workaround to this horrible limitation, when there was a workaround all along!

Thanks.
I just… so much work… for so long… This could have been so simple from the beginning…

Well, I’m confused as to how the indentions are made for the seeds. My simple little mind is blown away by this .blend. :spin: Also, where do I put the texture files after unzipping the file? Sorry for such noob questions.

First I created the seeds and made them as a particle system. Then I baked a ambient occlusion pass of this and used it as a displacement map.

There are other, more dynamic ways, that this could be done. Maybe with dynamic paint, for instance.

Man… that looks great… I got to set aside some time to work with the Blender fluid sim…

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD:RocknRoll: I NEED A TUT

Incr-EDIBLE

Yeah, and that’s the trick. really hard to make food look ‘good’ (to eat) - but it’s easier nowadays with GI & SSS, but I’ve done my fair share of fails in this area back in the day, hehe… :smiley:

Woooov ! Really nice work bro ! But i searched on google for ‘High Quality strawberry modeling Blender’ i not found nothing, can you help me for modeling strawberry?

Really incredible!

Wow.

When watching this, I had to keep telling myself it was 3d; it looks real.