Stacking particles in Particle Simulation is it possible?

Good afternoon,

I have spent the last 2 months learning Blender with many positive results. However, I am currently having issues with my current project and hoped someone could clarify a few points for me. I am beginning to believe Blender currently cannot do what I was asking of it.

Project:

I have modeled a glass jar and what I wanted to do was have it fill up with spices in an animation. So, the glass fills up with hundreds of individual spice seeds. It was part of a larger Spicerack project.

Particle System method:

I created the system and had it work successfully. The seeds fall into the jar but found that no matter how many Particles I start with they do not stack on top of each other. The glass never fills up. I made sure their lives exceeded the animation and kill Particle wasn’t checked. The Particle appear to blend and not stack.

Rigid Body method:

I started with a ball test and 10 balls stacked nicely into the jar. I had to reduce the ball size to resemble small spices. This worked but quickly realised that I would need about 1000 seeds to make this work. This basically crippled my modern Pc and realised that this amount of Rigid bodies was far too processor intensive to be practical.

I have searched the Internet and tried a few different methods but none did what I needed.

Questions:

1. Can Blender’s Particle Simulation stack falling Particles. Like snow…it adds and grows higher the more it snows?

2. Is there another method of having many ‘seeds’ used to achieve this projects goal that isnt so processor intensive?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Alien Painter