Super Blender Galaxy (DEMO RELEASE!!!!)

Yeah, it would be nice if you could just use a .zip file. I tried downloading some free .rar opener and it put all of this advertisment crap on my computer that I’m still trying to clean out. And to make matters worse, the game itself won’t even open. Blender’s debug window (or whatever the name is for the black box with the text in it that opens with Blender) opens up for a split second and then closes automatically. I can’t get it to work (I’m using 2.56).

OMG! GET 7ZIP
a rar is an alternative compression format to zip.
7zip is free.

i’ll have to check it out, but i still am reluctant to download anything.

i certainly hope you place this in a .zip or some other format. i really would love to try out your game, but i don’t feel like downloading something to open a downloaded file.

firstly, 7zip is secure, free and 20mb.
secondly, rar is a very high compression format, compared to zip, saving you download time.

I agree, WinRAR or 7zip are programs i consider neccessary for working on the computer today.

my blend is 20 mb. I am confused how they get this big though!
i suppose high res textures and sounds.
Yeah, rar is annoying, but essential

well i hardly ever download things, for security reasons, so when i do download something i don’t want to have to download another thing just to open it. i think i would rather have a longer download time using a .zip file.

it integrates with windows / linux when installed. just install, then double click on archive, or the same way as you open a zip!
the download time would be a lot greater, which is because it’s a bigger file.
It compresses the file at a higher ratio, meaning you can use smaller webhosts, they don’t run out of bandwitdth as quickly, and zip is a thing of the past.

well if i were to use .rar files often then i would definitly download a program to open them. the fact is though that i have never even seen a .rar file before, and i’m not downloading a program which could give me a virus or just a ton of advertising stuff on my computer. i certainly think it would be wise to put it in a .zip format or some other format.

LightBulb: Get 7zip, it’s open source just as Blender is and supports .rar and many other formats. Plus it compresses even better :slight_smile:

like i said i just don’t want to download an extra thing just for a demo game, i’m sure that 7zip and .rar files are good tools for certain things, just not demos.

its not ur average demo. I assure u. Also like Jimmyon said. It is essential now-a-days. I will upload a zip version for u. U will need to use 2.49 to play. It is only in GLSL, and u do need a decent PC.

I seriously cannot figure out how to get this .rar to work. I downloaded 7-zip but I dont know where to go from there!

you should be able to double click it in windows explorer, and open it. from there press “EXTRACT” and extract it to my documents, or the desktop. then find it in windows explorer and open it

People, you seriously need to learn to use Google, stop asking questions and find the answers yourself. Why ask someone on the forums, when you can get instant information from Google? Like, come on.

Google.ca

Use it.

yea that would be fantastic if i could get the .zip version. i’ve got a pretty amazing computer and i also have 2.49

Hey lightBulb, this thread is not for this, look if you have a pretty amazing computer as you said you have a lot of free space, the winrar installation get less than 20 mb of you HD, win rar is an old program and I assure you that its 100% trustfull, I dont understand your problem in install somthing like that since this is essential for any computer, even my mother have winrar on her computer and she doesn even make a download.
Here is the link for download: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Compression_and_Zip_File_Utilities/WinRAR_Download.html

Srry for the delay of the ZIP release. I have been real busy. enjoy.

thank you so much for that