Super Blender Galaxy (DEMO RELEASE!!!!)

wow that is one amazing game. finally got it downloaded, and it is pretty cool. however i still can’t pass the saw section, i keep falling off.

the graphics are pretty amazing. but the gameplay is a lot harder to control than expected. would be neat if there was life, so that when you fall off you actually die.

Hey there,

I’m new to these forums…I think this might actually be my first post!

I gotta say, this is extremely impressive…both for you who made it and also for Blender.

It seems this program has some real potential as a games development tool.

I’d like to see the Blender Foundation put more emphasis on this aspect of the program.

One question though…did you make everything from scratch? Or did you somehow get the models and animations from somewhere else?

-G

great! i can’t wait playing!

@gbball
yes I made everything. Only the Mario character was ripped. I used it as a guide to retopo a low poly Mario. All textures, models, programing was done by me.

Sir cuervo, you are a true artist and a great inspiration.
I could actually feel the greatness shining down on me when I was playing your game. :smiley:

Best of luck to you.

CaptainCarrot
thanks I’m glad u liked it.

I happy to say. I have reached 1250 downloads on my game. I’m totaly impressed. Thanks to all that played. I wish i had people that were intrested it making new levels in the game, considering how mario is fully functional. I also still have the Ball that he can jump on and control, the Sphere swimming, the 2d sidescrolling, the flying, the fire mario, I can go on and on the demo only scracthed the surface of what mario is well capable of doing. I really hope this file doesnt get buried in the forum.

Looks amazing! But unfortunately, after downloading it, there is a .exe only : ( Why there isn’t a Mac and Linux version, or just a .blend?

@kernel_script
All the blends are there. Just take a little more effort to look. I suggest starting from the title_screens/exe_control. That path is for the whole game as it should be played. enjoy.

Anyone intrested in helping me make updates, or any suggestions for updates.

@cuervo1003
Thanks! Sorry for my as-laziry… it didn’t work, but opening the levels individually did.

Amazing job. The most impressive game skills I’ve seen so far in BGE.

Dude this is wonderfull, Mario Forever!!!

Thanks for all the votes everyone. I’m proud that i pulled out with the win.

OF COURSE YOU DID!!! XD

I’m downloading this again, so I can have it on BOTH computers. :smiley:

Sorry I am late, but I had some playtime free just yesterday.

Really impressive game, I have to say that I didn’t expected this level of quality. I would love to see (and play) Bowser levels.

Do you suppose I could? I’d love to if you allowed me to.

I have been contemplating making an update. but i am working on a server client system right now. It isnt exactly for this game but hey maybe an online version of super blender galaxy. Luigi hmm? that would be a first.

mindblowing! No doubt, aside from Yo!Frankie, best BGE game ever, as opposed to just a tech demo.

can’t believe this level of polish by a guy alone!

I disagree, YoFrankie was boring. Sure the graphics were good, but the gameplay was really boring. I’m not trying to offend the Blender Foundation or anything, but I didn’t like the game. I’m sure they don’t care about my opinion anyways.

There are a lot of very well made games out there with Blender, have you seen KRUM? That one is pretty good too.

Super Blender Galaxy is pretty amazing though, so I understand why it won the contest.

Congrats Carlos :slight_smile:

this game is the best i have ever seen in blender. personally i think it is incredibley awesome

Thanks liquid. I agree. lol. just to let everyone know i am converting it to 2.56, and i’m adding in the bowser level. I also plan on adding a joystick control scheme.

wow this looks amazing… i still remember playing the first test you ever released… it only had 1 level back then, this is superb… :))))))