Tank Wars - Tb1alexc's GE Contest Entry - RELEASED! Check last post.

Trailer on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3298564

It’s still processing, may not be available for a bit.

Minifig: I’d have a go at a lego level, but in all honesty I don’t think it’d fit with the rest of the game… sorry! Have a go at coming up with some more ideas though :wink:

Radmanlive: I didn’t comment but I saw your post earlier and that level has now been made! Screenshots should be up soon.

Andrew: Cheers buddy, it’s gonna have to be pretty good to stand up to your Pit Monsters! :wink: It was my brother driving the other tank, we’ve had great fun on this. AI… hmm… if anyone who’s experienced enough is interested in having a go, they’re more than welcome… I wouldn’t know where to start :slight_smile:

I love the trailer!

Level ideas:

Carnival / Fair / Amusement Park
Sewer
Campground
Jungle
Cruise ship
The Moon

Don’t forget to add a snowman to your snow/ice level.:wink:
you could have a frozen pond in it as well.:slight_smile:

looks great. keep up the good work.

There is already a jungle type of level, but the sewer one is a great idea!

I was thinking more of a vines and monkeys type level, instead of a paradise.:wink:
(dirt instead of a beach, as well)

More ideas:

-a sky level (complete with clouds)

-somewhere with flames!:evilgrin:

-a canyon (with rocks falling down every now and then)

Well hi folks! Firstly thank you all for the kind words and ideas. Unfotunatley my laptop has crashed (one of those damned viruses) so I won’t be making updates for the next few days at least. Don’t worry, the files are all safe, and I can get to them if I need to via my laptop’s Safe Mode, however the computer won’t run the normal windows Vista. Strange. But yeah, so there’s where I’m at at the moment. Keep your ideas coming, though, and once I’m back I’ll set about creating them!

That stinks, but I’m SO glad your files didn’t get lost! That would have stunk.

Sorry about your files.:frowning:

When can we expect to be able to play this?:wink:

When I get my computer back… though I’m not sure when that will be. I’ve rung the computer repairs today, apparently Windows itself may be corrupted, which is a bit poo. But heck, let’s see. I need the laptop for a college project which has to be in in two weeks, so it coould get pretty tight for a while.

Good luck!

You could try booting from a Linux live Cd.
(if the problem is with windows)

We’re back on-line!

Woohoo! Yay! :smiley:

Bump! Two new maps, in the first post: based on Radmanlive’s (Oasis) and Minifig’s (Sewer) ideas. Snow level in the works!

Sweet!
Here’s some more ideas for levels:

Pinball machine
Desk (like a school or work desk with pencils and stuff)
Motherboard
Garden
Cave

Le Bump! (gosh I’m getting tired of posting these bumps, but it has to be done),

New and final map posted, based on Odeas’s idea. . Thank you all for all your other ideas, don’t think I’m ignoring you just because I haven’t made your level idea into the game. I’ll be using a good deal of them (as many as I can), but I feel that 10 maps is a good number. Now I’m turning to menus and detailing, as well as other gameplay types (depending on if I have time or not). Keep your comments coming! If I have time, more levels will be going into the game, so don’t think your ideas are wasted.

Cheers, Alex

I’ll take a gander at them later. Really can’t wait!

A quick screenshot for one of the menus:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9266/screenshort17.jpg

Nice! Every post you make makes we want to play it even more! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks impressive!
Cute graphics too!
Big amount of work, bravo!