The Journey

Amazing work! I’m very impressed how fast and how many characters you create:spin:.

Thanks, i just try to keep it consistant. Work whenever i can!

Yeah, impressive rate that you work at.
I like the light and shader setup!

Thanks Toshi, I took some sweet time on the shaders and lighting :P!

Morning! As promised here is the Monday render!

Attachments

Good Evening!

I drastically improved this guy, worked on the pose, mouth, expression, body, etc!

Attachments

Great works you did over the weeks and you Still carry on the story. Hard to tell which one is the best but i will go with 004 and 008. But i do want to note something. As I try not to look at 008s face I see and oldish lady body yet with a “clean almost young” face. I know a few characters in the movies that look similar and are nerdy, yet I would add some aging or change the torso area. I do love your work and hope to see more of story driven models and not so clean ones :slight_smile: also love and just love the renders (colors, eyes, that texture that you can almost feel it). Keep up and keep posting:)!

4 is one of my favs too! Wait till you see him rendered :wink:

Story drived sculpts take alot more time to do, which is why i can’t always do them. That said some of the sculpts will be story drived, usually #10 #20 #30 etc.

:smiley: Will wait for No.4!

#002 is out! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/n2839

Attachments

Amazing work! I am interested in how you set up the skin shader and how exactly you get that ‘Tooney’ look. Thanks!

Hey!

The skin shader is mostly procedural textures, a mix of a lot of them to get that look. I added an image texture for the scratches i believe, but then even that i mixed it with procedural texture. Reason is that i wanted to be able to quickly apply it to any of my models, and do as minimum tweaking as possible to get the look i am going for.

I will give a deeper explanation and show examples in the future when i got the time for it!

The “toony” look is a lot more complicated. When you want to stylize a character, you need to know how to make a human first in my opinion. Know the rules so you can bend them! I am however being very attentive on what works and what doesn’t, i plan to share that knowledge when i completely understand it :)!

I do love this render a lot :smiley: Why not make the buttons a tiny bit more visible?

I probably should have, i did it in a hurry :)!

Arrg! TJ 003 peeps!

HiRez: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YRZ0K

Attachments

The skull is probably my favorite now :slight_smile:

Toshi! Welcome back xD!

Yeah his expression really helps, look forward to the 4th though, he is one of my personal favorites!

I really like you work, your sculpting is fantastic. I thin my favorite part is the texture you apply to your models, like the one on the skull. It’s very cool.

Hey guys!

TJ #004 HiRez : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1Xgoo

Attachments

Hey guys,

Finishing up the vampire for this Thursday! Here is the latest WIP

Attachments