Tomato Jones - a physics/puzzle game :P

Hey guys, here is a new video introducing some new mechanics

Looks really cool ,I really like the use of physics in this one .You plan on keeping it like this or experiment a little bit more on this level ?

Anyway good job and good luck.

Thanks. The mine carts are actually real vehicles made with bge vehicle wrapper. They behave as real vehicles moving on real railroads.
Also controlling the vehicles is pure physics. Pushing the cart with the ball make it move forward and backward. I’m planning to use this in various quests…like loading the cart with a box container, then transporting the container somewhere or something like that. The rotating platforms are using hinge constrains, so they should be acting as real levers. Putting a weight object on the one side of the platform and then jumping on the other side will make it balance the weights on the two sides…this also can be featured in many quests.

This is amazing! You just keep suprising me!:smiley:

Are you using a newer blender version this time?

Thanks Adrians.
No, I’m still using 2.49b. I hope to finish this game in a few months and reusing a lot of stuff from Krum…coding, setup, various systems. Like interface system with all the windows…controls,video options, save/load…esc menu…etc.I’ll just need to reskin the windows with new designs. Probably remaking only this system will take me a couple of months. It is much more faster using Krum logic all over , than switching to newer blender version.

Hey guys, this is the 10th level of Indiana Ball game.

I’m thinking to switch the graphic theme on every 10 levels.Now its dungeon like tiles, next 10 levels will be probably castle tiles and next something else(snow mountains or else). There will be a world map(so you should be able to replay each level in the world and try to perform better and earn more awards) also I’ll try to add achievements and score board in this game.

Looking really good so far!! Do you plan on releasing it on steam?

Nice! You do make great levels.
ReidBlender, I am sure he is!:wink:

what a chubby ball o.o i like how it bounces itself against walls.

Thanks!

Do you plan on releasing it on steam?

Hope so. But first I need to make all the levels(about 20-25) and the world map, interface,sounds and video presentation. So it is still far from ready.
If everything goes as planned I should be able to release it on steam greenlight in May or June. If the community likes and greenlit the game I’ll release it asap.

Hey guys, here is another level I’ve made for the game.

It’s coming along pretty neat. Quite quick too.

Very nice level. It seems that you’re full of ideas:)
However, I guess that you can still use external ideas. What about large swinging axes? That’d look cool. Also a rope bridge would be a nice challenge for the player:)

Yeah, thanks. Cool ideas. I’ll try and do some of the next levels with those elements.

Great! I can’t wait to see them!:slight_smile:

Hello,
I’ve made a new “castle” themed level with new type of traps:

Wow, I like this level, my nephew also likes it:)

Good job

Thank you both very much! :slight_smile:

Nice, nice! The axes idea was so amazing. You’ve made them look so good. I wanna play it:D