Tomato Jones - a physics/puzzle game :P

Thanks Adrians, it was your idea. :slight_smile:

If you need more ideas, just tell it!:slight_smile:
So there is still left rope bridge(propably without the handrails to make it have a complexivity in it).
You could make a rolling balls zone - a zone with slopes where some balls rolls down the slope, than they get to the flat area and after that they reach inversed slope which makes them stop and roll in opposite direction.

Like a massive rock balls, that can smash/kill the player and the player need to run or jump over them?

Yes, but they must be that big that the player can’t jump over. The principle of them could work similar as axes(you wait until it rolls, than quickly pass).

Hi, I’ve made few more levels, some FX sounds and player dying animations

haha so cute that watermelon

Love everything excepting that jump sound - it feels really out of place.

Thanks guys!

Love everything excepting that jump sound

At first it was supposed to be a funny-stupid game with funny sounds…however it turns out the other way around and this sound is a left over. You are right I really need to change it.

How it looks so cute but those death animations are awesome!

Hi guys, this is a new level theme - ruins or something and some new traps. Now there are 16 levels in Indiana Ball, I’m thinking to make 20 levels and then work a bit more on the interface and release it.

Throw me the idol! I’ll throw you the whip! No time to argue! Looking very good.

Nice production cycle speed!

is their enough content though?

puzzle types etc?

Thanks

is their enough content though?

puzzle types etc?

Maps are ok, however I’m thinking of adding a bit more different traps. It should be easy, I’ll just replace some of the repeating traps with new ones.
Next I’ll need to make the world map and interface, which is not a small thing and it is quite a time consumer.
One thing I’m not certain yet is the achievements. Should I make them or not. I will make achievements in no time if there was a way to add them to Steam as steam achievements. But afaik Steam api(C++/C#) is not compatible with Python or am I wrong?
It would be nice if we had a wrapper for this api in BGE.

Have you check https://github.com/Holiverh/python-valve? Maybe it be enough for your neeeds.

or this another one https://github.com/smiley/steamapi

Hello,
Love your game. The graphic are really nice and the game-play seem pleasant.

I agree with blueprint, diversity I think is a key feature for a game to work well. Of course I’m no expert but I play a lot of games on steam. I saw too many games with a lot of potential fell short because they get too repetitive.

But this is a personal point of view. Wish you luck for this game and hope to see you use BGE for more great games.

Hey guys, the game is almost done. I just need to redesign some interface and make an icon.
Here is the world map video:

It’s really cool, I like it!:slight_smile:

Very interesting project. Good luck!

Hi, I’ve renamed the game to “Tomato Jones” and made a steam greenlight trailer

Cool. Looking quite polished. Like the humourous tone of the latest trailer. I’d up the volume a tad and or EQ the thrash / metal track as it’s a bit tinny compared to the bgm.

Considered porting to IOS / Android (gui joystick style)?