VSE Transform tool

@cominandburn, I wondered recently if the mask tool could be subverted to create a title (simple) tool in the VSE. The raster drawing from the mask tool seems to be very quick (almost like glsl), All it would need to do is be able to convert curve text to mask shapes, but there are a lot of intersections etc. to handle in layers for that to work.

It’s funny but the timecode overlay is almost there for basic captioning and quick titling, just not very flexible or interactive. and it occurs downstream of the actual edited strips.

It seems that we are pretty much stuck with 3D view for text then. But Masking isn’t so bad with the Sequencer Extra Tools addon you can easily promote a strip to a movie clip, then add the shape in the tracker (the UV Image window sucks currently for mask edits). The only issue then is keeping the Movie Clip in sync as it defaults to entire clip length, not the section that you may want.

Thank you for such a usefull addons… i’ve been waiting this for years!! ^o^ thank you thank you!! you did a wonderful job :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
as the second developer rarely mentioned, I managed to support “uniform scale” (done) and “image offset” (in addition with “image crop”) (20% done).

About adding text, it’s should easier to add when the pynodes will be released.

Huzzah for DoubleZ!

That scale work is cool man. So crop is coming along too, whew you guys are freight trains of code. I can’t believe how nice the interface is already. I’m so glad you have posted here too, welcome. And I’m sorry I can’t say thank you in French.

I had not considered pynodes for anything except textures and materials. How would you consider it might work for text or overlay?

EDIT:

Also I would like to make a more detailed tutorial for this script. How many versions do think are left before you both call it done? Are there any extra features to come? I would like to include as many features as possible.

You can use “image offset” but it’s act like a render-size strip (depend on the image size, the image is cropped of black on the right and top).

So I’ve added a cursor 2d, so you can rotate and scale according to the cursor 2d.(Thanks DoubleZ for the tips)
Activate him in the header, there small icon, select cursor 2d.
To place it, it’s ctrl + LMB
Now layer select is alt + LMB and shift + alt + LMB

DoubleZ work on the crop function it will be merge soon(max a week).

@3PointEdit: We would be very thanksfull if you make a tutorial, but wait, we will added suprise again.

Ok I will record a tutorial now… what MORE features!? :eyebrowlift:

I can wait, you guys are awesome!

We have thought to drag and drop or th e shift + A directly in preview area, more probably the shift a.
Seem really hard to implement the D&G but we never know. Maybe an hard coded patch.
We have also spoken about to show a float menu with the strip modifier like curve color, so you do need to go on the right panel to tweak the values. But DoubleZ say it’s not a good idea. Maybe you like??
edit: When I say wait, it’s can you wait to make the tutorial when the crop function will be added.
Thanks

YES I can easily wait for great crop function.

I guess crop would affect the original source strip. It seems a shame that you cannot rescale an image from original DPI only zoom from a crop or the VSE auto-fit scale.

I must say that the menu select function is amazing! I love it!

Not sure what you are trying to make with the float panel? Can you show a mock up (without coding it)?

EDIT:
What color would you change with float window? Is that the Strip color you mean? If yes, that would be nice, so you could know what strip you are altering in the preview window. By recalling the window you could confirm the strip by it’s current color.

Whoa an code earthquake coming! Can I do the tutorial with this new version (with magic crop)? Or should I wait…

Now you have me guessing. Is the interactive crop and scale code transferable to nodes and/or image viewer? As compositor needs some translate, scale and crop interactive tools.

Man, I truly enjoy this “think big” mentality! :slight_smile:

Having just seen the new youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbCfB7RpOgA&feature=youtu.be
I’m trying to pick my jaw off the floor!
You guys rock! Keep it up!!!

Just out of curiosity: why are textures involved? Is it a hack to get the script to work or is it about something else?

Thanx a million for coding and further developing this wonderful addon.

I’m trying to replicate what is shown on video without success which is a shame because I’ve been seriously drooling over the new realtime crop feature!!!
Have you guys updated the script on this thread? Or somewhere else maybe?

Patients please the impossible takes a bit longer.

I’m not complaining, I’m just cheering em up! :slight_smile:

A few more improvements in this direction and I’ll be damned if we don’t get motion graphics right there in the sequencer!!!

You need to get the keyer back but that’s not likely.

So I take time to answer.

So the texture is a workaround, so I can show a movie strip in the bgl (overlay for the crop).
I’ve submit a patch and if it’s accepted, it’ll be not needed anymore. Finger cross.

For the same thing in the compositer it should be possible I think, but I will finish this one and see after.

You can already try.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81245033/kgeogeo_VSE_Transform_Tool_crop.py

But you need to see panel texture and in world texture, you know the small earth. It only for movie file.
Image and image sequences work without the panel.
The rest is not support (scene,mask), maybe labe if needed.

press TAB to enter in crop mode, TAB again to go out.

Also now T add a transform channel but setup automaticaly to keep the ratio of the originale image.

This looks awesome, and should be a real time-saver. I look forward to messing around with it!