[WIP] Shelby Cobra 427 - First car ever!

It’s mainly so I can select the ones where there is the most change. I’ll probably start with 20 as the body buck and where it looks like I’ll have issues us infill frames. Which 20 is anyone’s guess at this stage.

I followed the guide here https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/58153/create-cross-sections-and-2d-planes-in-blender and it seemed to work quite well although correcting the model is beyond me without a whole lot more effort into learning Blender which to be honest is not really my thing especially as a one off.

I know what you mean about the wheel arches and back. It has been the biggest issue I have had with most of the models I’ve come across.

I figure a lot will be sorted out in the sanding and making up flexible torture boards. The closest I can get to start with though will mean the greatest chance of getting it symmetrical and a whole lot less sanding :slight_smile:

I was on that link as well. But that method does not work, since my hull is not a closed form. Therefor it does not work. Thats why i thought adding solidify (thickness) perhaps can help.

PS that post from the dragen showed cuts from the width. I thought that you prefer cuts from the length, just like my example image

OW i just noticed some part of my post wasnt uploaded correct.

I remembered an addon which can do cross-section with either mesh or planes. As i wrote earlier and thought i did show it earlier. Here is an example what i can get with that addon. I will delete the rectangle shape and it will leave the form or the car. I thought adding thickness will help you.

Here are also some shots with the carrosserie adjusted, the render was a bit older. The wheel housing now has rounded edges on the inside of them.

PS this is how the bottom looks like, the tail isnt not really done. Its sort some what minor work though

That’s incredible! Thanks so close to what I was thinking. Thank you so much for looking into this for me. I was thinking across the body rather than along the body. It will work better for creating and attaching to a form plus I can deal with smaller pieces of plywood plus I may be able to build the front seperate to the back with a join on the frame around the doors. The only other thing was is it possible to put 4 tic marks on the images so I have something to georeference by. Possibly run 4 thin lines through the length of the car so when cutting through they appear on all images. I was going to try to mock something up tonight to try to explain better.

Sorry. Got caught up with finishing welding some shelves and workbenches plus trying to figure out steering geometry on a go kart frame. I don’t think I’ll get to it tonight but I will get to it. I have too many projects happening at once :slight_smile: We are also building a glen-l Squirt for the granddaughter with a 1956 engine and fixing up our 44ft yacht plus a few other things :slight_smile: It really is the sexiest looking model I’ve seen and the section you posted shows the bonnet and trunk gaps which I will probably make as individual pieces along with the bonnet scoop. The back and wheel arches look great. Just amazing! Best I have seen so far. Nice work! It really is just an awesome shaped car that you have done so well to model. It does amuse me that we are trying to make a real worl object out of a virtual one though :grinning: Just wondering what you would like the number plate to be. “Rombout” or something else?

Hahah no you should put the kids name on it or something referring to shelby. But i think something related to the kid is best. He probably would find that much cooler.

PS Is this what you need, i made the planes transparent for now. But i still wonder, how the sections should look like. The form is not closed so you only get thin lines, is that enough to work with?

PS thos tock marks are aligning guides right? Is is something like this, see attached. Only part is that seating area is open so nothing to guide it there?

Than you also will have perhaps a issue in some areas where the guides show enough detals. For instance the part where the headlights are mounted and some other lights

Im not sure how well you are with blender. Perhaps its easier for you to work on this by yourself? I dont mind to help you with it. Im just not sure what would be an easier workflow