Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dynamic Topology Branch is here! Now in Trunk!

Oops!! Anchored mode don't work well with Dyntopo, the latest print doesn't clear while moving mouse, so you get an accumulative trail
    Caronte.
    http://www.nicodigital.com
    \"Some day, all will be digital\"

Hi michaelis,

So to put it the other way round, wouldn,t it be easier to make cycles usable for other software like zbrush, c4d etc. To give you what you are longing for?
    Since cycles is open source this should be possible, right?

Well Cycles is, but Zbrush isn't.

A GoZ (zapplink) for zbrush>blender?
    That shouldn't be too difficult.
    A 3dcoat>blender zapplink already is in trunk. (and 3dcoat is not open source)
    But, I don't see how much helpful this is for sculpting.
    To do what with zbrush? To hit a key and send a 10M mesh into blender? LOL
    To use obj export-import is easy anyway. This wasn't my point though.

Cycles doesn't really need the rest of Blender to function, just properly formatted data. So assuming no licensing problems, and availability of source code for both, it would theoretically be possible to build a viewport cycles preview for zbrush, just like Blender has.

on a sidenote for my understanding:

Cycles is no standalone rendering solution up to now, right?
    Is that for a certain reason?
    Wouldn`t it be great to have it as an open source rendering solution for other software as well,
    so that I could use it with C4d for instance.

Since C4D has Alembic export now, so I guess that would be a possible way to render C4DScenes
    with Cycles?
    Sorry, I am aware, that this has nothing to do with Dinotopia (:>) aka Blender sculpting and I don`t
    want to kidnap this thread, just trying to get some major understanding of things.

Michalis, GOB:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...590#post903590[/url

It work very well!

RV

Some feedback,after a week of full testing.
    Great stability,I never had a crash,a lot better than previous versions.
    The adaptive nature is not as good as one can think however,at the end to do a decent work(I mean quality work) you need to subdivide the same,but as long as this doesn't create some limitations in the future it's not a problem.
    It's annoying that if you go out from sculpt mode and enter again the "smooth" option doesn't work,it needs to be pressed 2 time to work again,it doesn't preserve it's state.
    At the end I think that with the possibility to carve holes this could be really something special,without I think it's not as good as 3dcoat(volumetric sculptings allows a superior workflow in terms of freedom,as you can carve holes easily,now you can do it going outside to sculpt mode but it slows down the workflow) but better than sculptris(the collapse short edge option makes sculptris looks really limited,like a toy for children).

Originally Posted by Jake Rupert View Post
    on a sidenote for my understanding:
    Since C4D has Alembic export now, so I guess that would be a possible way to render C4DScenes
    with Cycles?
    Not to help with the thread hijack... but...

Why in God's name would you want to render a C4D scene in Cycles? C4D has several render options available -- all of them better than anything Cycles could give you.

i agree with Mark.

Why in God's name would you want to render a C4D scene in Cycles? C4D has several render options available -- all of them better than anything Cycles could give you.
    So, another opportunist here.
    LOL, Just kidding.
    But, seriously, why C4D options are better than cycles can give you? Cycles is a modern render engine. why not waiting a few more months and see what's coming next? The only I see in some famous render engines is something more or less predictable. Is this what you like to see? Cycles provides you with a wonderful UI already. So let's be patients waiting for the next implementations. I managed some renders-shaders that no other engine can do. What should I say then? That cycles is the best render engine ever? I won't.
    This engine is on your right hand as you're freely sculpting under dyna topology. Think about it.

@ Michalis

have you been able to save your user preferences / SVN

seems to work on windows!

salutations
    Nice 3D models = 25 % K.I.S.S + 25 % common sense + 25 % Inspiration + 25 % Knowledge
    Win 10 64 bits / Thanks and a Happy 2.79 with Cycles

Hey gang, great thread! Awesome, useful info all over the place!

I've also been messing around with dynotopo, and am loving it. i'll attach something I've been doodling around with. I'm not a great sculptor, but it's fun!

Also, i've noticed a couple weird behaviors while using it.

- It doesn't work when using a matcap (A material applied with UVs set to Normals).

- Sometimes it stops working for me, and I have to save my work, open a new blender project, and import my mesh to continue working on it. I haven't yet figured out the precise thing I'm doing to make it stop working in those instances, but I think it may have something to do with turning it on and off a few times.

- Sometimes the smoothing doesn't work, or stops working only on a certain patch of faces. Very strange. I usually fix it by going into Object mode, clicking smooth there, then going back to sculpting.

Michalis, really great sculptures! The cycles materials and rendering you've been doing are astounding!

And sick, if you're still around in this thread, mindblowing work. Watching your timelapses is unbelievably inspirational.

Originally Posted by MarkJoel60 View Post
    Not to help with the thread hijack... but...

This is not an odd request at all, as I want to do the exact same thing! I make my living using mainly C4D, but also use some Blender and several other apps. Cycles is a thing of joy, that is very unique in the world of renderers and many would use it at the end of a pipeline. The C4D renderer is not too shabby at all, and I also have Vray, but having a GPU path tracer is another thing again.

Alas, the current Blender import options are mostly unusable, so Alembic would be a highly desirable.

Yes, this is indeed off topic to this thread. Of course, Dyntopo also rocks!

With c4d surely you can use the pointcache workflows (like Lightwave) to get animation working in cycles...
    Mike Williamson
    www.cowtoolsmedia.co.uk

Alas, the current Blender import options are mostly unusable,
    What do you have in mind? Can you be more specific?
    Obj import-export works ok, for this dynatopo case.
    (but it doesn't support ngons while obj supports them).

@hype
    Very nice sculpting. Great doodling
    Matcaps? No, but the tree point lights editor under blender prefs is enough for me. After all neither is true. Cycles is. So just setup a few lights, a ground plate, a hdri environment and hit 3dview render from time to time.

Sometimes it stops working for me...
    I suppose you aren't complaining for slow downs on denser mesh as you're working.
    However, if this is the case, save from time to time. This refreshes the dyntopo for a while.
    I use a very poor gpu (500mb nvidia) and I found that I am able to sculpt in 1-2M with the following workaround: Disable dyntopo, work as in traditional blender surface mode, please don't subdivide. When stretching of faces starts happening, enable dyntopo, remesh the area, disable and work again. A method, adopted somehow from zbrush dynamesh. Though I can remesh particular areas with dyntopo, which is good.

And sick, if you're still around in this thread, mindblowing work. Watching your timelapses is unbelievably inspirational.
    Have a visit on the other dynamic topology thread.
    A collection on most of the artworks here. Waiting for your participation. Cheers.
    Last edited by michalis; 29-Aug-12 at 05:58.

hype,
    wow, thank you very much!
    Awesome creature you got going there.

Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    Matcaps? No, but the tree point lights editor under blender prefs is enough for me.
    There's QuickPrefs add-on by Sean Olson, so you don't have to go to user preferences each time you want to change the lighting:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...ed-preferences
    http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Ex...ion/QuickPrefs

----------

And another video, skin modifier + dyntopo:

Hi. RickyBlender i download dynotopo and did a simple sculpture i post here?

this is the thread for discussion on dynatopo but you can post here

now there is also another thread for posting only
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...-Dyntopo-tests

so how do you find this dynatopo ?

salutations
    Nice 3D models = 25 % K.I.S.S + 25 % common sense + 25 % Inspiration + 25 % Knowledge
    Win 10 64 bits / Thanks and a Happy 2.79 with Cycles

Originally Posted by RickyBlender View Post
    this is the thread for discussion on dynatopo but you can post here

now there is also another thread for posting only
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...-Dyntopo-tests

so how do you find this dynatopo ?

salutations
    ok thanks for the link .
    I felt very strange in some way ( i never use this btw ) .

I can't see how can increase more polys when i sculpt , i have to go to edit mode and change sculpt mode again to see more polys :s.
    is this always like that????.

Gracias y posteo mi imagen en el otro link amigo

Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast