Girl bedroom

Hello everyone,

I’m a new user on this forum and hope to get along with Blender users here :slight_smile:

I’m a beginner on Blender so I still need to learn a lot about it, although I feel happy with the few I have learned so far and hope to improve more little by little.

I decided to upload a basic scene of a girl bedroom that I created from scratch, so I would really appreciate to have some feedback from talented people like you.

Please take a look, and thank you for reading!

welcome to the forum :slight_smile: lots of great people here and its great to give and get feedback about the projects we work so hard on.

A very nice start…simple and charming. I think you did a bang up scene there. It has a good storybook vibe yet also a sort of cartoony feeling to the render.

I’m a big fan of the style…the grain in the image is very interesting and I think adds to the charm. I love noise and film like grain in renders. :slight_smile: I think it gives it cool relaxing vibe.

Outside the window…gray and empty…makes a nice contrast to the warm colors of the bedroom. Perhaps some misty trees or fuzzy details could be there beyond the picket fence. Might be fun if you just see a street hinted at but not revealed.

Since it is so clean…perhaps a little girl has just come to live there…you might show an old battered suitcase just peaking out between the window and the bed on the floor…maybe some wet footprints…:slight_smile:

…like she came in , dropped the suitcase and left…just to add a bit of life story elements.

peace,

-j

Hi, thank you for the welcome!

I agree, there are many wonderful works here on the forum which are very inspiring too and people are really friendly helping each other :slight_smile:

A very nice start…simple and charming. I think you did a bang up scene there. It has a good storybook vibe yet also a sort of cartoony feeling to the render.

I’m a big fan of the style…the grain in the image is very interesting and I think adds to the charm. I love noise and film like grain in renders. :slight_smile: I think it gives it cool relaxing vibe.

Thanks! actually, the grain effect was not on purpose but still glad to hear it looks nice. I think the grain came out because of the rendering been made in cycles, the render is about 1600 samples, I was thinking about increasing the value to reduce the noise but I also like it as it is now :slight_smile:

Outside the window…gray and empty…makes a nice contrast to the warm colors of the bedroom. Perhaps some misty trees or fuzzy details could be there beyond the picket fence. Might be fun if you just see a street hinted at but not revealed.

Since it is so clean…perhaps a little girl has just come to live there…you might show an old battered suitcase just peaking out between the window and the bed on the floor…maybe some wet footprints…:slight_smile:

Your ideas sounds good to me! that’s what I really want to create, I want to add more elements on the story and make the picture look more interesting to the viewer, because I feel it is still simple and needs more soul~ :slight_smile:

So I will definitely take into account your suggestions and see what I can come up with.

Very much appreciated your feedback,
Thank you!

By the way, I like your Paul’s avatar he looks singing for sure!

peace.

Here is some progress of the bedroom girl…

I would appreciate any feedback, thank you!

Yes, the picture has to tell a story. A lot of people dont get it. The first thing I saw was the colors. Very well managed. You obviously have some experiance. So whats in the suitcase? Nice lighting also.

Congratulations Luna! I have a strong point in interior design in blender like this and yours is very impressive. I love the drapes! Did you use a cloth simulation? I’ve tried drapes before…they always seem a bit odd. Are you coming from another 3D program or is this some of your first work in this field?

Me like…nice job. That works very well indeed. The footprints are a bit too close together, and too perfect…a bit less of them and perhaps fade them out more or other irregular effects for them.

Thank you matt! I agree, when we’re making a scene is very important to tell a story, this will call the attention or interest of the viewer. Well, I guess there are some girly clothing in the suitcase, I tried putting some stickers on it to make it look like it belongs to a little girl :slight_smile:

Thank you BearKnuckles! I would like to see your work too if you don’t mind!
You’re right, I used Physics cloth to make the drapes, it’s not easy to achieve a natural look but with practice it can be done, I watched a tutorial that helped me with that, but I’m not sure if I can’t post links in this forum, let me know if you’re interested :slight_smile:

Actually Blender is the only 3D software I have ever tried, and this would be my first scene.

Thank you James_Z! details are important so I will work on the footprints better :slight_smile:

Cool. Bitches about the window though…Fix that. Start with reflection. Even if not a part of the story, it doesnt go well…Whats opposite of pink? XXOOOO

THe light and the mood are very cheerful. That’s lovely, go on that way !

I’m not sure what you mean about the window… could you tell me which element doesn’t look like part of the story?
the opposite of pink would be green in the color wheel.

Thank you SOL_33!

At this stage I worked on the shoe prints; I tried to make them look more natural and irregular than before.

I also changed the background outside of the bedroom, I added some trees and part of the street as a kind suggestion from James_Z, I’m starting to think that I should increase the thickness of the tree trunks to reduce some noise.

Your image isn’t showing up. :frowning: Yes its’ there now…looking good I like your changes.

Your window needs a bit of detail. Add some window casings, trim type woods that frame the window.

You might also consider some slightly dirty glass for your window, it looks like it has none at the moment. Or it might be some glass with a few wet drops since it is a bit of a wet day… A base board trim around the room would also be a nice touch.

The street and trees look cute :slight_smile:

You could make those street items with a texture that has less saturated color…more grey less color…that will help them look further away and give the view more depth.

I re-uploaded the image, I think something went wrong las time.

You’re right about the window, also the wet drops would make sense with the shoe prints in the floor… since it is a rainy day this is giving me other idea and perhaps I will add another belonging from the girl, maybe a raincoat or an umbrella, I will see it later.

I didn’t consider a base board trim before, now I imagine it and I think it would look nice.

Changing the colors in the street sounds a good idea, I may try it before modifying the tree trunks to see how it looks first.

Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, it’s been some time since my last post but I finally made some advancements.

Now I’m thinking about adding a raincoat, maybe placed on one of the corner of the bed… I will see…

Your feedback would be appreciated!

The window is much to easy to see through…

try more fuzzyness…maybe something like…

I think if you just make fuzzy hints of things outside you focus will be on the bedroom story.