Matabei Goto

Matabei Goto from Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls. The outfit is different from the original but still based on the artbook.
Sculpted & painted using Blender. Rendered using blender viewport.

GIF turntable: http://i.giphy.com/l3vRjRvKlNBS3wvOU.gif

Full render (click for higher resolution):

Close-up:

Wire:

More shots:

Reference:

EDIT:
Images you’ve seen in this post already updated. You can see the original one on post #14.

nice viewport render!

It’s a great work, while I am thinking the thigh part’s size is a little bit strange, seems too slim. What you think?

Awesome work! Really great pose and model overall :smiley:

Absolutely amazing. Nice work.

Thanks for all the nice replies! Really appreciate that! :smiley:

Yeah, I feel weird about the thigh too, I don’t know what’s wrong but it looks unnatural. I’m still really weak at anatomy, so I guess I’ll try to do better next time.

Cool character :). well done :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet and great work !

sangar bro! pahanya mulus dan semriwing wkwkwk
i got 4 thumbs for you good job well done

That’s a great take on the source reference. :slight_smile:

I don’t personally see anything bad with the thigh form. I don’t think they need any more mass. The shading does give me the impression the front of the left thigh is flattened out a little. But other than that…

The part behind the knees is a bit thinner than the one in the original anime image

Absolutely stellar work. Great modelling and sculpting.
You’ve brought the look of 2D anime into the 3rd dimension.

The anatomy here is generally fine. The only thing I will say is that the left knee looks a little clockwise rotated. So we’re seeing a side view of the knee rather than a three quarter view.

Overall, fantastic job.

Wow, thanks for the nice comments and feedbacks guys! I think now I get more clearer picture about the problem of the model. Let’s see what can I do about this. I’ll try to fix it and update the render soon.

@Tannyloo73 thanks for putting more efforts with your feedbacks man! Really appreciate it!

Okay, I just tweaked the thigh and her overall feet. I just think it looks a bit better now. Below is the comparison.

What do you guys think?

A definite improvement on a great piece

That made a lot more difference than I thought it would. Great job.

Already great, improvements give that final bit of polish.

I like it, but there would be fun if you could render it too …

Thanks guys! But I’m little bit weirded out with the last one. With the last pose, I honestly think she looks like she’s holding pee or something. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m tweaking the pose and leg shape again for hopefully the last time, now the result looks more inline with the original image.

I have updated the first post so it’s using newer tweaked matabei.

mmmm… great job!