Blender Conference 2016 videos (links)

Hi,
We had a great BCON this year with lots of stuff to look forward to in the future.

During the event I was forwarding all talks in the theater to my personal twitch account. I have split everything I recorded into highlights with links you can find below. I post these since BF has not yet put the full schedule up on youtube.

Schedule of BCON16: www.blender.org/conference/2016/schedule

Day 1

Opening and Keynote (Missing)
Nimble Collective - Pipeline in the Cloud (Missing)
Making of Saurora - Visual Effects (Starts a couple of minutes in) www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98245271
Cycles: the paths to success www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98245675
Blender for school aged students www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98246172
Blender as a garment design tool www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98246344
6 tips from Sergey to make your life happier www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98246480
Oscilloscope Music and Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98246640
Using Blender in motorcycle and powerboat design www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98246878
Building a Market for Blender Products www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98247280
The Appeal of Animation www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98247638

Day 2

Opening www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98248005
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98248382
Simulating fire outbreaks in industrial plants www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98248622
Realistic Lighting Hacks in Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98248803
MAD Animation Studio: the Blender takeover www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98249054
Armory: Real-Time 3D Engine in Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98249285
Point Density Texture goes Boom! www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98249376
Look Development with Cycles www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98249725
Blend4Web and Blender: the Present and the Future www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98249992
Isabella d’Este: Virtual Studiolo - the video www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98250309
A new 100% blender degree in a french university www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98250580
Using Blender to protect athletes www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98250995
UV unwrapping gets an overhaul www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98251159
Smart slicing in Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98251351
Usage of Blender in Computer Aided Engineering www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98251537
Open Stage www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98251779

Day 3

Agent 327 - a feature film in progress www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98252317
Tangent Animation: Making Ozzy with Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98252682
Automotive Design with Blender - Year 2 www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98252904
Psious case study: Phobias, VR & Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98253099
Cycles Roadmap presentation www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98253432
Viewport 2.8: Oh the Possibilities! www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98253581
Grease Pencil and EasyRigging future developments www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98253766
The Art of 3D Environments www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98253940
Microscopic 3D data processing in Blender www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98254186
Closing event (No sound) www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/98254452

I hope people can make use of these links.

Cheers!

||Old post||

Hi everyone,
You can find the official link to the Conference live stream here: www.blender.org/conference/live

Alternatively, Moniewski at the IRC found these links for the conference 2016 stream:

Stream 1 (Theater) - http://live.debalie.nl/1/

Stream 2 (Salon) - http://live.debalie.nl/2/

If anyone is interested I am forwarding the Theater stream to my personal twitch account - https://www.twitch.tv/mstuff
^
Until the conference is uploaded to the Blender Foundation Youtube channel, you can watch the talks done in the Theater stream from these links:

Day 1:
www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/97569484 (starting at Making of Saurora - Visual Effects)
Day 2:
www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/97758739 [Part 1]
www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/97766538 [Part 2]
Day 3:
www.twitch.tv/mstuff/v/97975618

Schedule can be found here: https://www.blender.org/conference/2016/schedule

Cheers!

thanks for posting :slight_smile: Where these on the main Blender page? If not, why?

Can someone post a summary of what has told Ton on the opening keynote?

Let’s hope the quality of the stream isn’t as god awful as the last one… i mean ffs there is one that literally didn’t have any audio.

Sorry if I sound like a dick but,

come on what’s the point of recording it if it’s unwatchable.

Does anyone have a link to the recordings?

I started streaming on twitch from the third lecture in the Theater (Making of Saurora) - you can find everything after that in my twitchs’ past recordings - otherwise I am sure they are going to put it up on youtube later today/after the conference :slight_smile:

If you’d looked you would see there is a link to the live feeds and the conference schedule on the blender.org homepage

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlenderFoundation/videos

Schedule and statements about streamquality and tactics for avoiding bad quality can be found here…http://https://www.blender.org/conference/2016/

alpha / beta 2.8 out summer 2017

senior developers no longer on bug tracker… only when the bug is significant they will step in

Nimble Collective – Sponsoring 1 developer for half a year, for pipeline data & depsgraph

Tangent Animation – Sponsoring two developers for a year to work on viewport (they also have several inhouse developers for cycles and pipeline)

AMD – Sponsoring 2 developers for a year, one on opengl and one on opencl cycles

Blender Cloud – Full time 2-3 devs. 5-7 artists for project coordination, depsgraph and pipeline

Alpha Objects incorporated – Sponsoring two developers for one year, on the 2.8 workflow and the Blender 101 project

All up theres 10+ new full time 2.8 developers for the next year

Nodes project is temporarily on hold

10 full time developers, that has to be a record for the BF (and a good sign that Ton’s initiative of attracting sponsored development is paying off).

For one thing, three developers full-time on the viewport means a good chance that it will bring more than shinier graphics (such as the resolution of bottlenecks like editmode and the display of particle systems). A good thing too since viewport is arguably the single biggest weak-point in Blender as of 2.7x.

I think its great that they are trying to reduce the senior devs from bug reports… means that they can focus their energy on more important coding tasks

Thanks for the video and streaming links, guys. They’ve really done a great job with the stream and video quality this year compared to last.

I noticed that the recording of the keynote is not actually listed on the BF Youtube channel at the moment, so is there any way to see the other talks before they are officially published if I miss the stream? Looking forward to seeing more!

Gotta say
I’m enjoying it so far :slight_smile:

I keep getting “Error Loading Player” message in the Debaile live page. Does it use flash player ? And the videos aren’t uploaded to youtube neither.

I am streaming Day 2 on my personal twitch right now - www.twitch.tv/mstuff

The reason I do this is so people can get to watch the archived videos before they get to upload it to the Blender Foundation Youtube channel.

Cheers!

Damn that UV mapping tool looks sweet!

Can’t wait till he(or someone else) implements it in blender

I missed the addon workshop :frowning:
Hoped mStuff would have forwarded it but unfortunately there is nothing after the break. Does anybody know how long it usually takes untill uploaded videos are actually listed on BF profile?

My head still hurts from the addon workshop…
I… didn’t understand a single thing…

As for the other question

Give it a day after the conference ends

Well, I think they are pretty quick with uploads this year. But it looks like Youtube has latency in updating the BF video list. Like with the opening notes. Uploaded but not listed. Well we’ll see…

[QUOTE=fdfxd;3114196]Damn that UV mapping tool looks sweet!

Can’t wait till he(or someone else) implements it in blender[/QUOTE]

I was sitting next to him before his talk, and he Saïd there is a patch submitted for review.
the stuff you saw in the presentation was done in blender.