Afterglow Plugin

Hey all,
I am having trouble getting the sequence plugin afterglow to work. When I load it into the editor, Blender returns an err and closes. Any ideas?

Turrin

Can you give us more details? OS? Version of Blender? The scene you are trying to use it with?

Martin

Yeah, sorry :smiley:

I’m running WIN98. I rendered a still, brought it into the editor and tried to apply the plugin. That’s when it gave me the error.

Oh yeah, Blender 2.23

Turrin

I have run into a couple of problems with this plugin.

You must use the same DLL for both the texture and sequence. This plugin saves some information in a global buffer while it caclulates the texture, and the sequence side uses the cached data to do the work.

You must apply the sequence plugin to a strip that has a z buffer (ie a Scene strip). Otherwise the plugin will try to use a NULL pointer in the “compute_zbuf” function and crash the process. Some of the combiner sequences dump the zbuf, for example the ‘Mul’ strip does.

Finally, I had problems getting the AfterGlowExamp.blend to work. There seems to be some cached dependency on /home/staff01/mein/… files that crashes blender. But the plugin works if you create your own test file.

Note, I use the linux version of blender so our problems may differ.

So you suggest importing not an image but the entire scene? And also applying the plugin to the material as a texture? Ok I’ll give that a try. thanks

Turrin