12 Likes

If I borrow the orange man and colour it in:

Make Christmas GREAT again!

No extra cubes just procedural shaders.

1 Like

“You got me a CUBE – and it’s HUGE! Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!” :joy:

(Orange Man reference)

Sorry I should have included a link to your Orange Man. :saluting_face:

When I made it I was thinking of a small grasping child but afterward thought that the pose would work just as well for Mr Orange. He had come to mind for one of the earlier prompts but I couldn’t make it work with a single shader and although I’ve added coloured in versions on several I’ve been trying to stick to the one shader rule. The colour in this and my last one is reflected from the ground plane which is set to be a shadow catcher, I haven’t even been colouring the lights since my Villain post.

1 Like

No worries. I added the link just because I had just discovered how to add links between other posts… just to keep the cross-references clear for casual visitors.

I started coloring 10cc posts by Object_Color into a single Material… but once on the slippery slope, I’ve slipped and been adding too many extraneous materials. They DID say it was more important to be art-full than to be a rule-stickler. :smiley:

I love both your “Christmas Dreams” images!

Thanks for playing blender!!! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a nice trick, good one!

Nice work! I quite love both versions.

Totally agree, I wasn’t criticising a bit of artistic rule bending, I just like the challenge of making
something within the restrictions if I can.

Who would have thought that one of the annoying things about the shadow catcher would turn out useful? :grin: