10 Cubes Challenge 2023 Final Wrap-up!

Congratulations everyone, we made it!

In reviewing the wrap-up post from last year, I found myself nodding in agreement again and again, so in the spirit of reuse and recycling, here is what I wrote last year:

You all did a great job and I absolutely loved seeing every single submission. I loved seeing people adhere strictly to the rules, I loved seeing creative bending of the rules, and I loved seeing blatant disregard for the rules.

If you submitted even one piece, you are a winner in my book. You made art, and that is all that matters. I’m still working out the details, but I am working on a surprise for all of you, stay tuned for more info.* I also have an immediate gift for you: If at any point in this process, you wished you had just one or two more cubes, You are now granted an unlimited license to use as many cubes as you want. Go back and take one of your pieces to the next level, you’ve got a fantastic selection of concepts to play with.

*The gift is a 2023 10 cubes participation badge, it looks like it’s already been setup, so if you made a topic in the challenge, you should have it already. Congratulations! Wear it proudly around the forum!

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, I hope it was inspirational and encouraged some lateral thinking about how we create representative art. Please keep making art. Do it as much as you can in as many ways possible. It may seem frivolous in a time with so many simultaneous crises, but it helps to keep us human, in even the worst of situations. Love to you all!

9 Likes

Thanks for organizing these fun challenges, @SterlingRoth It’s amazing how much a limitation like 10cubes and simple material tickles creativity.

3 Likes

It was fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the first time, I was able to participate at least a bit and I hugely enjoyed it. Thanks for running this again, Sterling!

3 Likes

Thanks for the challenge it always fun to take part in it.

3 Likes