16:9 Animation Preview?

I’m doing an Animation in Pal 16:9. If I use Blenders Animation Playback Feature it plays the pictures back in their 16:9 squeezed form. Does anyone know a way to watch the animation “streched” within Blender? At the moment I have to import the pics into my video editing software to see them in their proper aspect ratio.

Perhaps I don’t understand your question but couldn’t you just set the frame X and Y settings in the Animation buttons to a 16:9 ratio?

Perhaps I didn’t make myself too clear…sorry

I use the 16:9 button. Actually That’s what you’d have to do if you want to render animations for “true” 16:9. This results in pics in 720*576 Pal resolution, but with a 16:9 pixel aspect ratio. So if you have for example a sphere in the scene in the rendered picture it would look like an egg.
But that’s all as its supposed to be…my problem is how to preview the animation within blender with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I only get a 4:3 “egghead” image. Is there a way to get the animation player to “stretch” the image to the right aspect ratio?

I hope this makes my problem somewhat clearer…

:-?

The only thing I can think of is to set the X and Y render size to 16:9 ratio with the aspect set 1:1. Use this to preview then when you are happy with what you see, set the 16:9 PAL and do your final render.
Sorry I don’t have a better suggestion.

Well…that’s a solution I can live with…thanks for the help…

Rocco :wink: