1960s Living Room

I made this piece from a picture I found a long time ago that was purely for drawing reference. But again I felt it would be a good opportunity to get a project going and just finish it. I wanted to improve some aspects of my modelling, it helped that there are contrasting objects in the photo. It definitely varied my approach to modelling each thing, from very straight forward to challenging, at least for me.
I also used fspy to get the camera and perspective as accurate as I could. In terms of the texturing I just went with close enough is good enough and focused more on overall vibe rather than 100% copy.
I feel there are some things that could be improved in this piece but I didn’t want this sitting in wip limbo so I can take what I’ve learned and move onto my next work.

Here’s the photo I referenced.
1960sinterior5

2 Likes

:+1:
congrats.

Hi ozgur1
Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Paul
You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
:+1: Great work.

Hi ozgur1
Thanks, I’m still getting to grips with blender but it’s a lot of fun and the content on here is a great inspiration. I can’t wait to get another piece going, but the next one will be 100% my own concept, so I’ll have to see how that goes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

Hi Paul
I wish you success. :slightly_smiling_face: