1960's Themed Interior Render

Challenged myself to make this last night after I got home from work… Supposed to be a cloudy winter night interior scene.

Still rendering a few different views out, but this is the main view. Not happy with how ‘snowflakes’ turned out outside - I think a volume shader cut off most of them so now it looks like water dripping :frowning: And one annoying light fixture needs to be adjusted which is annoying when the render time is close to 30 minutes :crying_cat_face:

Lots of models from Imeshh which are awesome and some from 3dshaker which is also awesome! I made all the frames/art on the walls as well as the speakers, record turntable, and “shag” armchair. Trying to be as realistic as possible doing everything in the span of a few hours… Give me the brutal truth - that’s what will help me take this all to the next level. Thx for looking! Y’all are amazingly helpful. More views uploaded once they render.

Here is a quick render of the shag chair. It’s pretty crappy and resource heavy-I think it almost manages to look real in some scenes but not fully in my opinion. Also, I was 2 lazy to fix the UV mapping on the legs… will do it now I guess :smile:

Just rendered another one and used Photoshop AI Fill to put this dude into it - though it was unintentional to have it be someone so creepy… my AI prompt was “1960’s dude looking in through a window” :))

Just rendered this out … frustrated that some of the couches are too close together and overlapping …ughhhh! I guess I could crop that part out and keep half of it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!