1980's NYC Bodega

Here’s a side project i was working on based off a real world location in downtown Manhattan, this was a re-imagining of the storefront bodega, back then when i was younger there would be a local bodega store that i would pick up snacks from so ive decided to create something that pays tribute to the mom and pop stores!

76 Likes

wow! truly stunning cornerstore you have here! the amount of detail on the walls, rooves, and elsewhere is an effort that should not go unnoticed by casual viewers. the practical lighting on the ceilings seems to make the colors a bit bland, but otherwise this is an excellent piece of art!

2 Likes

Oh whoa- I keep looking at this one. All the details are so good! This one’s a lot of fun to look at high res.

3 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

2 Likes

Wow this is amazing but something seems wrong to me about the taxi. well, there’s nothing wrong with the taxi in and of itself but something about it looks more stylized or cartoon-ish whereas everything else looks very convincingly photorealistic. So its more an issue of a stylistic clash than the taxi looking bad. Overall this is fantastic though, keep it up.

2 Likes

Exceptional detail and atmosphere. Is that taxi chopped or just got a busted suspension?

1 Like

Really great work! Love all the details, so much stuff in there. :+1::grinning:

1 Like

Great ambience, you can smell the 80’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Awesome, how long did this take you to learn how to do ?

1 Like

Appositely awesome! Great work!

1 Like

lol busted suspension, but still runs well!

thanks! i wanna say atleast 4 1/2 weeks of modeling/texturing!

thanks! i had a hard time getting the colors right on the taxi, back in nyc the taxis would be painted with a bright construction yellow that i tried my best to match to, any brighter/darker would make it look waaay more off then the current settings! :grinning:

how do you made the volumetric effect?

1 Like

i used a volume scatter node and adjusted the density within the node tree!