1990 - Original Nintendo GAME BOY - 3D Highpoly model

After more than a decade of working with subdivision surface, i did this asset for learning CAD modeling.
The images below were rendered with Blender Cycles.

• You can get the full scene for free on my GUMROAD

ARTSTATION - GUMROAD - LINKEDIN

75 Likes

Hi great job you did. I am particularily interested in the greenscreen you made. If you were so kind to give me a hint or even better share some info that would be very appreciated. Other than that great job, its one of the best gamboys I saw so far if not the best.

1 Like

Hi AndromaxPro,

There are two Color Ramp node mixed with black and white texture. Here is a screenshot to help.
Thanks for your comment, the model is really accurate because i used my own gameboy as reference.

4 Likes

Really lovely work.

2 Likes

Really amazing work! Many beautiful details :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Great work. I still play that game on mine!

1 Like

Absolutely nailed it! Great modelling and looks highly realistic. Wonderful stuff.

Many thanks guys :wink:

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Wow nice work… You will always need photoshop skill. I am doing something like this bext.

Which CAD software did you use?

Also, what software did you convert the nurbs to mesh? The tesselation is really interesting and not something I’ve come across before… the planes are n-gons and the fillets are all quads. How did you get that result?

I’ve worked in CAD for close to a decade now, but only recently began to dabble with subdivision. :slight_smile:

Couldn’t resist to buy it to see how you did the shaders and the mod ! It’s really clean, great work !

What is the Trim Camera ?

I have seen my fair share of DMG gameboys made in blender and i have to say this is by far the most beautiful and close to how i remember holding it in my hands looked like. Amazing work!

@Alwoood i used Plasticity. You can export with triangles, ngons, or both.
Thank you for you comment, i appreciate :wink:

1 Like

I am sorry, what do you mean ?

Thank you very much , i always try to put precision in all my work. Glad you like it :fire:

if someone want’s one for free, here you go:

This one here.

ahh, i think i just forgot to delete it. Sorry for this.