1996 FERRARI F-50 (v1.2)

1996 FERRARI F50 SPIDER v1.2

In my opinion this is one of the most gorgeous cars that Ferrari ever made and it has been my inspiration to get involved into car modeling!!! I had this model done last year but recently I decided to give it a complete remesh to apply some knowledge that I’ve gained in the last couple of months. I also managed to give life to it in Assetto Corsa pc game and actually play it with my sim :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, that also was something I was looking for when I first started with 3D modeling: to make my ideas somehow playable.

Here are some model comments:

-The car interior was entirely made by eye from reference photos, the car blueprint helped when putting the seats, the car shiftern steering wheel and other important parts in their actual place, giving the model a decent accuracy with the real life car. It also has being scaled to real world measures.

-Engine: The car engine mesh is still in progress as it has been a whole challenge to recreate it well detailed by looking photos as the majority of them are from top view and you can barely see at detail whats under the engine head. Also keeping it as lowest poly as possible it’s a must as the car must still look smooth on the game.

-Textures for the instrument cluster, headlight and tailight glasses, and other distinctive parts where extracted from the web from photos of the real car, and worked later in Photoshop, and some other ones where entirely created (floor rubbers, the pattern on the pedals, etc). Tyre texture carefully applied seamlessly (the whole mesh of one tyre consists in only 1,920 triangles). The grilles are also plain geometries with textures to save polygons.

-EXTRAS:

-Almost the whole dashboard instruments have been replicated and accurately parented to empties, to be animated. Also dashboard lightning has been added.

-Doors, steer and engine bay also accurately parented and ready to animate.

-Wiper animation included

-The model is Rigged for animations with RIGACAR plugin.

TO BE DONE:

*Seatbelts.
*Engine and rear suspension to be finished.
*Dirt texture to be added in order to make the car body to look dirty.
*Link steering wheel rotation to wheels rotation in the RIGACAR plugin.
*Some minor elements to be added in the cockpit and dashboard.

MODEL STATS:

VERTS: 146.807
FACES: 137.531
TRIS: 277.560
TOTAL NUMBER OF OBJECTS: 140 (can be reduced)
TOTAL NUMBER OF MATERIALS: 24

:point_down: [WATCH] BRIEF INGAME FOOTAGE (ASSETTO CORSA, PC) :point_down:

:video_camera: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bMi9WKAkfoU :video_camera:
:video_camera: https://youtu.be/UDVzMJw59AM :video_camera:

:warning: IF YOU PLAY ASSETTO CORSA YOU CAN DOWNLOAD 3 FERRARI CARS CREATED BY ME IN BLENDER AND NOW IN THE GAME:

:arrow_double_down: https://www.patreon.com/posts/out-now-1990s-85312151 :arrow_double_down:
*You need to be suscribed (it’s only $5).

ENJOY THE PICTURES AND GRAB SOME FROM WALLPAPER IF YOU LIKE!!!

19 Likes

Nice work! Looks great !

Thank you so much!!! I tried to keep it as lowest poly as I can, so far, it’s around 130.000 faces, but it can look better at closer renders if subdivision is increased.

2 Likes

130, 000 faces? And if it works well in a game. That’s great. Must have taken a long time and a lot of patience.
I’m new to car modelling and recently I gave up on a recent model I did after it hit 1 million faces.:grin: Any workflow video suggestions?

1 Like

Oh yes sir, I learned most of the basics with this guy’s tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/@NaturalArtFreak. Search for the Audi R8 car modeling tutorial (is pretty long but totally worth it), this was really helpfull for me to achieve decent results using less amount of polygons. With practice, you’ll develop your own workflow (I’m into Blender and car modeling at all since may 2022).

NOTE: My first car model attempts where far more than 1 million faces, maybe 2 :rofl:

2 Likes

:grin::grin: Thank you! I’ll check it out

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks again Bart!! Cheers!!

1 Like