2.48 is out!

Hello game engine freaks…go get the new version:
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-248/

Me, I only get a “segmentation fault” with my Debian/GNU/Linux?
Oh well!

When i try to run it i get this message libpython2.4.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file

Are you under Linux…yes, I guess?!
Check what Python version you have (type python -V in a terminal) and download the “good” Blender version
No Python installed? Well, install it! :slight_smile:
If you’ve the “good” python, check what “libpythonXXXX” you have and make a symbolic link to it, ex ( type in a terminal as root):
ln -s /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.2 /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0
Bye

I Believe this to be the most complete version of blender so far! Lots of cool stuff added.

So, thanks to all developers! :smiley:

EDIT:

Haha love blender game engiine!

Lol where is that from??

I like it how the game engine part of the forum has its own announcement thread about 2.48 being released. Its like the GE section is a whole other forum sometimes. Amusing.

where to get synaptic version for ubuntu 32 bit i386?
thanks

Check http://www.getdeb.net/ sometime later.

Its from the blender.org’s 2.48 feauture page. :smiley:

The GLSL shadows are great - after some tweaking I was able to run it on my ancient PC :). And the Ramps support is working too - it will good tool for faking toon edge.

And small question: Shouldnt there be support for Blenders procedural textures? And shouldnt there be implemented Blend mode in World settings?

Thanks for answers and THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS ;).

I don’t seem to be able to get the GLSL to work in the 3D view. When its enabled, the window momentarily goes white all over and then when everything reappears there are yellow lines bordering each window and the GLSL won’t show fully.

I’m running a:

Mac OS X 10.4.11
Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5
2 GB DDR SDRAM

with a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Should I be able to get it working with this setup?

Here’s a screenshot

Attachments