2.8 and particles

Hi there,

any idea how can I make the cube with particles in my blender file invisible?
In version 2.79 I just had my cube on second layer and it was working well but in 2.8 I can see particles with cube, particles only in preview or nothing at all it depends how I set it in separate collection (invisible, invisible in render).
As you can see on images, preview is fine but as I render the image I can see particles of my cube too. How to get rid of it and see only active particles shape set by keyed value?

Thank you.

dd.blend (692.2 KB)

It looks like hiding cube particles at rendering is not supported and results as deleting the second key of animation.
But you can still adjust cube’s particles render type.
Under Render panel of C particles system, set Render As None.
Then, when you will press F12, C particles system will not be rendered.

Thank you for your advice zeauro.
It looks like it helps after few more modifications in particles settings.
Do you think that’s a bug or just different way of 2.8?
The 2.8 is going to be powerful tool but it looks like there is still long way to go.

Particles were updated before certain rules were established during 2.5 period. Their code annoys devs.
And fixing it was often difficult or impossible.
Since years, there is the promise to replace their current form by a node system.

Jacques Lucke made some nodes for particles in his animation nodes addon and he should bring to us a new node editing system for particles through “everything nodes” project.
But that should take time.

Problem exposed here is relative to replacement of layers by collections. There is a workaround. It is not blocking. I would accept it as a limitation of particles if it remains in 2.80.

There are other things relative to particles that should be restored.
EEVEE only supports particle rendering types that Cycles supports.
EEVEE does not render particles as Halo, Line, Path and Billboard.
A billboard is a plane always facing camera during movements of camera or plane. That helps to fake lots of effects when used with particles.
Path rendering type is great to make growing effects. The effect has a particular mood and timing when it is obtained by emitted particles with trajectories controlled by physic forces instead of combed hair grown by textures (that is harder to manage).
Lines can be scaled by particles velocity. Halos may be repeated to produce trails.

So, currently, lost of Blender Internal is sensible when we are looking at particles. And that would be a pity to have no solution of replacement for 2.80.