2.8 Debug Mode on Mac

Using the current build of 2.8 for Mac, I am trying to set up script debugging using the instructions at [https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Tools/Debugging/Python_Eclipse]. Eclipse is listening and does detect when I run the script in Blender, but instead of opening up the debug window to the running script, Eclipse prompts me to open a file.

Here is the code I have inserted in the top of the script:

PYDEV_SOURCE_DIR = "/Users/michaelsheaver/.p2/pool/plugins/org.python.pydev.core_7.0.3.201811082356/pysrc/"
import sys

if PYDEV_SOURCE_DIR not in sys.path:
    sys.path.append(PYDEV_SOURCE_DIR)

import pydevd
pydevd.settrace()

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

if you want help then its up to you to provide the maximum amount of information , in this case a screenshot of exactly the dialog windows that Eclipse shows.

I am not familiar with Eclipse but you can do debugging via the terminal, all you have to do is import pdb which is the standard python debugger and then pdb.set_trace() to set a breakpoint, you can look at python docs for the type of commands it uses. Make sure you have the terminal open because the debugger will freeze the scrips and because Blender gives priority to scrips it will freeze Blender too.

The way I understand the script should be already opened in Eclipse before it runs, so make sure you do that. Generally speaking IDEs integrate debuggers inside the code editor so they can give you direct access to your source code without any extra windows.