2.8 Interface

Hi everyone!

First of all i would like to thank everyone involved in the development of blender and for allowing us to use this software free, i love it and am greatful for it!

However i do have a major issue with the 2.8 interface, i spent 2 years learning the blender interface and have since had many projects but now with the 2.8 interface i feel like i just got blender for the first time, everything has changed and nothing is as it was, my question is why was the interface completely changed and what was wrong with the 2.7 interface?

I know change is good but this is to far, after 2 years of blender i knew my way around and how to do what i wanted but now i cant even find how to add a reference image to the orthographic views, the only unchanged aspects are the shortcut keys and i don’t want to cause problems i’m just frustrated at the fact that i have to start from square 1, is there anyway that those of us who knew and prefered and don’t want to start from the beginning again can chose to run the old interface with the new features?

Thank you for reading this post, and again thank you so much for creating this program!!

There isn’t any way to change the interface back. If you just do one project with it, you’ll probably get it down. It really isn’t as different as it first appears.

Here is how you setup reference images (basically drag and drop):

3 Likes

Welcome to Blender Artists, @MKRYDR.

This is just one of the things that comes with the territory of 3D software. Over time, best practices and workflows change, so GUIs occasionally change to meet modern demands. It can be a bit of a shock at first, but once you get your bearings, you’ll realize that the fundamentals always stay the same (you still model by moving verts, and you still animate by keyframing changes of transformation, etc). If you know the fundamentals, learning new button locations is just a temporary pain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, i’m happy to be part of the community :slight_smile:

that’s true, i’m just not looking forward to the pain ahead, but i guess i have no choice other then to endure it till i have familiarized myself with the changes.