2.8 submit to Deadline / renderfarm ERROR

has anyone been using 2.8 in a renderfarm yet? I´m trying to use our company renderfarm trought Deadline but it gives a lot of errors still. Seems to crash everytime RAM peaks over 10GB… And that´s nowhere near the limits. Any ideas what could be wrong ?

It´s really random whenever it crashes on whatever frame so I cant figure out the logit…

the blend file has linked object from another file and they´re quite heavy on polygons, could that cause errors :thinking:

this is the message I get:

Error: Renderer returned non-zero error code, 11. Check the log for more information.

2019-06-13 21:53:14: 0: STDOUT: Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

(I know it´s beta and shouldnt use it yet but I want to test it already)

Hi!

Have you tried rendering one of the bad frames locally? What device are you rendering with (CPU/GPU), and have you tried again with the latter nightly builds for 2.8?

If you’d like to rule out hardware as an issue, you could send a test over at our farm https://garagefarm.net/blender-render-farm/. By signing up from this link you get free starting credits worth $50, which should at least allow you to render a few frames without any financial commitments. Good luck!

One more thing, we support 2.8, but only add new builds by request, so please drop our support team a line and let them know what build you’re currently using. :slight_smile:

Hi,

The frames crashing are really random. I´ve rendered them locally as well but there´s no way to know what frames crash and when. It´s mysterious.

I should update newer 2.8…

Mainly using CPU because cuda temps to run out and we have some really good cpu´s and not so good gpu´s.

I´ll try your farm let´s see if it accepts the file. I´ll first have to test if it still work on newer builds of 2.8 since my version is getting quite old…

1 Like

I have been using blender 2.8 with deadline for awhile now and it has been solid. Any errors have been due to a machine not finding the server and silly things like that. Deadline hasn’t caused any issues.

even with larger files like 7 million vertices and a lot of 3k textures? I also use complex rigs and some linked files so I think it could be somekind of updating / loading error. I´ve used larger files with 2.79 earlier but they give no errors.

I´ll have to give it a try with new 2.8 build and without the linked objects. hopefully that´ll solve it… I really dont like to go back to 2.79 :smiley:

Hi, help needed
Some1 knows how to make this script work in version 2.8.2 / 3 ?
Thx in advance
DeadlineBlenderClient.py (4.3 KB)