2.9 Fluid sim doesn't generate Foam/Spay/Bubble particles after particle bake

I’ve tried tweaking the minimum values for the Kinetic Energy Potential, Trapped Air Potential and Wave crest potential in the “particles” section of the fluid domain in an effort to get the bake to generate particles, but to no avail.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

kind regards

I am not sure that problem is related to particle physics settings.
Often, when particles are missing, problem is related to cache refreshing / baking.

First, Flip particles and Secondaries particles have their settings displayed in Particles Properties Tab.
When you display this tab, you have a particle system par type of particles baked.
For active particles system, there is a message indicating amount of particles baked for current frame under list of particles system.
If this number is not equal to zero, maybe particles are there but because of a similar display, you are confusing them with FLIP particles.
You can change display type In viewport display panel.

If message is indicating 0 particle, maybe, there was a problem of secondary particles baked while FLIP particles were hidden.

If there is no particle system dedicated to secondary particles in particles tab, maybe, there is a problem with global cache/baking settings.

There are several cache/baking options.
So, can you precise what cache type are you using ? Replay, Modular or All ?
What format ? OpenVDB or Uni Cache ?
Are you using a combined export for secondary particles ? One particle system for Spray/Foam/Bubbles or One per type of secondary particles ?
Are you using Blender 2.90.0 , 2.90.1 or a 2.91 alpha build ?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’m using OpenVDB, modular cache. The particle properties tab of my fluid domain indicates liquid particles for each frame, but 0 foam/spray/bubble particles for any frame of the simulation. I’m using separate particle systems for each (foam/bubbles/spray), I tried using a combined export, but that didn’t seem to help. I’m using 2.9.0.

OK. For my first reply, I tested master that has several mantaflow fixes.
Anyways, that should work in 2.90.0 or 2.90.1, if you enable Is Resumable option in Cache panel.
In 2.91, you will not be able to bake secondary particles if option is disabled. And the option will be enabled by default.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time, I enabled “Resumable” in cache settings, and that fixed the issue. Kind Regards