2 Issues - Disappearing Mesh & How to Hide Bottom Mesh

(Somebody might notice, so I’ll say that I posted a similar question a week or two ago, but it wasn’t the exact same issue, only similar.)

I downloaded three (very good, I think) models from BlendSwap. However, I’ve been tweaking and adjusting them and this has caused many small issues with both the Models themselves and the Armature. Here are a couple of recent problems:

1. Is there a method to keep skin Meshes underneath clothes Meshes at all times? Somebody suggested the Mask Modifier before. That has been very helpful, but not at all a perfect solution. Are there any other techniques for this?

2. One of the three Models downloaded becomes invisible in Edit Mode. So, when I hit Tab to go and alter the face, for example, it just disappears. Does anybody know what might be causing this?

Thanks as always in advance.

Problem 1: I would delete mesh that is beneath the clothing
Problem 2: Hidden vertices in edit mode. In edit mode, press alt-H

The mesh is set to hidden, use Alt+H to unhide

Doh!

Thank you guys. You were both dead-right about the mesh just being hidden, and so your Alt + H instruction worked perfectly.

For the first problem, I will now apply the Mask Modifier to the skin Mesh beneath the clothing. However, this is not a total solution because you still must have a LITTLE skin so that it’s visible receding into the sleeve. So then I keep a little bit of skin (the wrists up to 1/4 of the forearm, for instance) but then that pokes through very often, too.

So, an ideal solution would just be some arrangement in which, when the clothes and skin begin to intersect, the skin just becomes invisible.

Does this make sense?

Yes. But I guess, unless you intend on doing cloth simulations, there really is no reason to leave his arm underneath the coat. Its pretty much taboo to do so. Ie delete everything up to 1/4 of his forarm

This is my first serious human animation. (Previously, I only did a Gumby-like simple thing.)

But I am hoping to put a little bit of a Cloth Modifier onto it. Also, when the graduation gown is stretched as they walk, their ankles become visible as their legs are very far apart.

I’m going to mark this thread as “Solved”, but if you (or others) could continue to offer suggestions about this area, I would appreciate it.