2 uv coordinates for 1 object

Hi

I am going to work on a morph of a model and i could use two separate uv coordinates
for the same object. is this possible or should i do it with nodes and two scenes which would be the same besides the 2 different unwraps and texture ?

For a second uv texture, F9 for edit and in the mesh tab add a new uv texture

thanks, this is a different thing though than having two textures for the uv mapping.
I wanted to have 2 coordinate sets/ unwraps for one object. Like one: project from view and
the other smartprojections and this with the object having seems.
I am thinking though it is not too difficult to do by having two scenes of allmost the same(different textures) and to have these dissolve, then i have shape keys and morph is pretty much done…

But this is exactly, what the New UV texture Button in the EditButtons does.
Creating a complete New UVSet (Mapping) for the same object. Just the name is confusing.

Pat

i made a mini tutorial on how to use multiple UV coords to paint seamless UV textures, it’s in the blender tests subforum, shouldn’t be too many pages back. there is also a similar tutorial at blendernation i am told.

Each texture has its own concept of UV-coordinates. If you’re using layers of image-based textures to, say, give “your buxom lass” a nice tattoo, the UV-mapping needed to create the skin-tone texture(s) clearly has no connection to the mappings needed to position the tattoo.

Each texture has its own concept of UV-coordinates. If you’re using layers of image-based textures to, say, give “your buxom lass” a nice tattoo, the UV-mapping to the skin-tone texture(s) clearly has no connection to the mappings needed to position the tattoo. They’re both mapped to the same object faces (destinations), but the texture-data sources are entirely distinct, and therefore the mappings to those distinct sources must obviously be distinct as well. “(U,V)” is, by definition, a texture-data source coordinate.

thanks everybody, i got it now. Especially thanks Modron for the tutorial.