2007 Blender F1 Challenge

There’s nothing wrong with allowing some post pro, sometimes adjustments and tweaks need to be made. It’s just another tool used to reach the final product.
I guess you’re right.

On a more serious note, CurtisS, can we please submit images larger than 1024 pixels wide or high this year? 1280 is all I’m asking for.

Sure. Why not.

2007 rule change 1: max. width of submission is 1280 pixels (you can always render larger… I always do and resize in Photoshop)

<mental note for CurtisS>remember to add to Challenge web site…<end mental note>

Woohoo! I’m really gonna try to make it this time (yeah, right! :D). Well anyway, we’ll see. . .

-Obiwan

I’ll take you up on that one with a challenge! I’m in this year on my own (screw you Ecks!), I just have to come up with an idea :smiley:

A head with wheels is not a F1! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe if you throw in a spoiler though…

Martin

Haha that’s all up to your interpretation :wink: Nah, I’ll at least go with a head and shoulders :wink:

btw, I dont read it anywhere, but altho it hasnt began (begun?=/) yet, Id like to now when it finishes…gives me something to work to. I can’t find it anywhere…

Looking forward to it. Let the games begin!

oo ill defiantly enter, whats the due date and where do i register?

The Blender F1 Challenge will start around March 18 and likely go for 2 months (which isn’t as long as you think it is!). I will make the official announcements soon (after I get the 2007 web site ready).

well lol i might as well start working on the concept now

I have an idea. I think I have motivation for it. I and really doubt I will keep the motivation.

But I’m going to try anyway.

I might give it a go if I can get a good idea. This is always a fun challange. :cool:

I think I’ll give this one a try. I wouldn’t say anything because my attempts at these things always turn out so lame I don’t bother anyway, but I want to mention my technological advancement here before someone else steals my thunder. Maybe it’s already been said? Anyway here it is: NanoBot tires. Tires bond molecularly for durations in the micro-milisecond range and then release giving the car the ability to pratically climb walls. Ok, batman had that already I guess.

And no trash talk please. My ass end is already up around my ears as it is.

would that be another quote to add to my signature?
…if bgdm, mr_bomb and traitor are in this year around maybe I’ll force myself into it :stuck_out_tongue:

Gee, with all this competition it should be renamed to FU 2007…

I missed this last year I think, so will have a go this year.

Are there going to be restrictions on renderer? Yafray, Indigo, Maxwell, Pov Ray etc etc

Cheers,

Sonix.

egad

I don’t think I can remember the last time you posted, sonix.

Nice to see that you are still around.

Renderers? Good question! I am leaning towards keeping this rule the same because it is not the “renderer” that makes the entry good, it’s the creator! But rather than listing all of the reasons why I think we should use only the “built-in” Blender renderers, I would like to to hear arguments supporting the use of other renderers. Let’s hear your input Sonix (and everyone else).
Thanks.

Well, I’m going to use Vue to make a matte. Sorry to say blender isn’t really up to the challenge of creating realistic environments and the alternative, using a photograph, entails copyright difficulties. The way I see it, if it’s Ok to use a photograph it’s Ok to use a matte. If no mattes, no photos.

I’d like to render the final in Vue too, but I think with a matte and blender AO the image quality will be acceptable.

edit: of course the matte will be modeled in blender!