2016 Monthly Project #8: Case IH 9240 Combine Harvester

I have wanted to make this combine harvester for over 2 years now, but the blueprints for it were nowhere to be found. Thankfully, they recently had a PDF brochure that had the vector blueprints from 3 angles, so with a few screenshots and a bit of math to correct the scaling, I now have 3 blueprints to work with. I also happen to live in the country, and the field behind our house is harvested every year with Case IH combines, so I have plenty of reference photos and videos to work with! :smiley:

Attachments

Here’s the first test render after modeling the large side panels, and the wheels and tires.

That looks like it will be a mean machine!

Keep at it!

So it turns out that this project was harder than I anticipated, and I was busy for the past week. Here is the current progress:

I have to go to work now for 7hr, and when I get home I will spend the rest of the day trying to finish it enough to get a decent render. :wink:

Here’s my progress at the end of August. Looks like I’ll have to spend a couple more days on this one before I start next month’s project!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451484[/ATTACH]