2024 Reallusion 3D Character Contest Announcement

Hello Blender artists,

The 2024 Reallusion 3D Character Contest is calling for submissions! Thanks to our generous sponsors, our total prize for the contest just reached $45,000 USD. Winners will not only receive sponsored prizes and cash, but also gain the opportunity to display their artwork worldwide!

blenderartist-1080x1080-read_this_first

Submission Category & Cash Prizes

• Character Design (realistic/stylized): ($1,000 x 2 / $750 x 2 / $500 x2 )
  • Character Animation (realistic/stylized): ($2,000 x 2 / $1,500 x 2 / $1,000 x2 )
  • AccuRIG Characters: ($500, pick 6 winners)

Qualifications & Submission

Check our Contest Home Page for detailed rules, prizes, submission guidance, and FREE Resource information. We also offer a fantastic 3-month software program for the new and distinguished Blender artists (FREE)! Applicants may fill out this Google Form with complete information and wait for our approval.

The maximum submission per category is one, which means you can submit to all categories with five different characters!

Special Prizes

• Best Render
  • Best Mocap use
  • Best ZBrush Sculpt
  • Best Costume (appearance)
  • Best Digital Doubles
  • Best Student Artwork

Contest Sponsors
This contest is also made possible with our fantastic sponsors below:

• Nvidia
  • Maxon / ZBrush
  • Rokoko
  • Noitom
  • Kitbash3D
  • Keen Tools
  • Texturing.xyz
  • 3Dconnexion

Time is ticking! :wink:
Make your submission before Sep 1st, 2024 (PST)!

Reallusion Team

1 Like

Hello @Reallusion

Thank you for posting about this contest! It does sound like an interesting competition! I thought I would be interested in this, until I started reading thru the details…

So the contest started on May 15th, and you posted about it here on June 24th? It took you ~40ish days before getting around to posting this here? So posting it on this forum was an after thought? Or has your sloppy promotional efforts so far produced so few interested participants that you now reached out to this community hoping to get more artists interested in your contest?

I also love this part of your promo -

So I have to fill out a form, and according to your FAQ -

provide you with a portfolio of my work before I would be considered worthy of using your software?

Maybe I’m stupid, but I would think making your software freely available to everyone for 3 months might produce more sales of your product than limiting the trial of it to only the selected ones.

Good luck with your contest!
Randy

Hi @revolt_randy ,

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion. We apologize for the delay in publishing this news here and any inconvenience it may have caused. We will review our internal process to ensure this mishap does not occur again.

You are absolutely welcome to apply for the 3-month software access for contest submission. The portfolio review is simply to ensure that applicants are authentic 3D artists who are sincere in participating and familiarizing themselves with our Blender pipeline.

We hope this clarifies any concerns and look forward to your submission!

Best regards,
The Reallusion Team