203mm B-4 Howitzer M1931

Wow ! you made better than the blueprint ! :wink:

Fantastic modeling. Congrats!

@Lollito_larkham Thanks alot :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I unfortunately won’t be here for the rest of the week. Going away for sports. I did manage to finish a test render with textures. Not happy with the tracks texture seems very greasy to me. Going for a black metal finish, but not to shiny or have a lack of it. Because obviously in war a shiny metal will give away the position. Keen to get going on it when I get back.

So wanted to leave this render here for the mean time and see how it goes, any advice on textures will be welcomed.

Thanks guys enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

P.S sorry for the jpeg image had it on png but BA couldn’t upload it. (loss of quality :frowning: )

Attachments

This is very good.

You’ve got lots of modeling skills.
For the texture, I advise you to UV unwrap the big parts and to use texture painting. For the medium parts use tiled textures, and the small parts apply a simple material on it. You will certainly find lots of metal on CGTexture. Try to make them all tiled, you will enjoy the texture painting part ! :). Find also some particle brushes, cracks…

But nice start, I’m sure you will come up with something very convincing.

Hi,

So I got back and dove into the metal textures tried to come up with something similar to the original. This model is suppose to be a new fresh from the factory so there wont be any scratches of signs of damage etc. So I came up with two different textures. Let me know what you think and any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

@LeopoldCdeC Texture painting will be very hard for these tracks it is a lot of uvs will be impossible to do that. Would have liked to do texture painting. Will be exporting this to .obj and other formats so I cant have any modifiers like array and mirror on.

Attachments

@RickyBlender Thanks :slight_smile: hmm camouflage will give it a go :slight_smile:

That’s an ABSURD level of detail…unable to breathe

@Owldude Thanks man :slight_smile: Final renders to be up not to long from now :slight_smile:

Pictures of all the details up close :slight_smile:

Attachments

some more pictures

Attachments

Ammo crates and some of the side mechanics

Attachments

Up close of the tracks

Attachments