2D Learning and Practice

I like that idea a lot, thank you! I think I’ll give that a try :grin:

4 Likes

Recent works

Animation practice

0000-0056
0001-0090
0000-0040

Figure drawings (not comprehensive, just some good ones)

10 Likes

I love the animation! I especially think the liquefy part is on point.

1 Like

Yesterday’s figure drawing is one of my betters overall, worth sharing by itself I’d say. (The legs need more volume)

Drew my first hand today

11 Likes

Wow, your practice is doing well! How long did it take? They look like wireframes of the subjects to me!

2 Likes

About half an hour each, I’m definitely getting faster.

2 Likes

Back of the girl’s right leg is showing a bit more than it should (leg isn’t as straight as you’ve drawn it), and the waist is a little thin, but it’s looking good.

If that’s your first hand, I don’t think it’ll take you long to get really good at them.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but legs are weirdly difficult for me. Gotta keep practicing, I suppose :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is your first hand? I clearly smell talent here :raised_hands: My early hands look like something, but definitely not hands.

Thank you for updating and inspiring.

2 Likes

This is an area where my 3D skills really help- I’ve modeled and retopologized a lot of hands, so I’m very familiar with the underlying 3D shapes. I love how all the different facets of my passions build each other up

2 Likes

Some high points from this week:

0000-0016

12 Likes

Good to see you had some of those!!

1 Like

Some work from last week:

drip0110-0250
0000-0040

7 Likes

That bony hand and that leaf drip … !!!

2 Likes

Quick sketches (20min each) with values

7 Likes

Recent highlights

7 Likes

I don’t want to be a nuisance to anyone, feel free to Mute this thread if you’re tired of seeing it pop up :slight_smile:
2024-04-02 15_35_53-2D Learning and Practice - Artwork _ Sketchbooks - Blender Artists Community — M

7 Likes

I did the opposite. I’ve been meaning to follow this thread more. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s very kind of you, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been fun watching you steadily improve over the months. It’s just about convinced me to start practicing drawing again.

1 Like