3 lines for signatures

Oh, lol, i thought you were the one suggesting it… it made me so mad… ozzzmygod… anyways, k.

That’s not true! lol, I just PM people when I browse around and happen to find someone with more than 3 lines in their signature.

About the maturity thing and me being a moderator, I think I tould be good at this. I’m not harsh, I’m just really picky. Maybe that’s a good thing? But I’m not online that much. I still would rather take action and immediately change a person’s signature rather than PM’ing them.

It would be cool to try out being a moderator for a few weeks. I would do things like locking threads in the wrong forum, fixing signatures, locking political/religious threads, and stuff like that. I actually look for those things allready, so I use the report button. As I said earlier though, I like to take action rather than have someone else do whatever needs doing.

I still think that an obvious rule would be very helpful, as almost nobody knows about it when they sign up. And a simple block would be helpful too (could a block even be added?). An automatic PM system wouldn’t be very useful, as some people don’t ever use PM’s. Removing the rule would also not be a good choice, as I think that long signatures are not too useful. If someone wants a bunch of links and stuff in their signature, they can just have a very simple website.

So, I’m looking forward to hearing a reply to this from a mod/admin.

See ya.

i think u want to be an administrator.And i think u would do a good job!!!:wink: And i love ur music on ur site.What software do u use??

Not administrator, just moderator.

(I make my music with OpenMPT. It’s free and Open Source. I’m glad you like it :).)

Ummmm… look on the first page of this topic:

I meant a reply to that post, not my first one.

Heh heh… oops.

i just noticed my signature was:

Removed by Admin - Signature can be no longer than 3 lines

this is strange as when i checked in user cp it was 2 lines!

can anyone tell me why it was removed?

yes,
since few days ago, we have a script that both removes signature and generates a messege telling that your signature was more than 3 lines. :slight_smile:

hmmm… embarrassing…

great job though ; )

too bad it had to come to this point.

thx…:mad:

jokin…but you should make sure it works completely, or create a stcky warning people first…:slight_smile:

of course it works, we have seen that already, and why do we need a sticky warning, the messege is clear when user is reviewing its signature. so there’s no need for that.

I don’t use any sig lines, can I lease them to others?
POA (calculated in ‘posts*days’)

Does the script just check signatures when they have been entered, or does it go through the database and check every single signature, new and old?

What I know, it checks every single signature that if it is longer than 3 lines, it deletes the signature and replaces it with the messege :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to post a question that is not related to this thread, but I’m a bit desperate! :0)
I can’t see anything in any of the forums! They all look like the image attached below when I click on a forum link from the main page.
I can see threads when searching, or when clicking on the most recent thread shown to the right on the main forum page.
As I cannot actually see threads in the forums I’ll have to use the search to see any response to this thread, or maybe a admin could PM me?
Is anyone else experiencing the problem I am having or know what is going on with my web browser?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, and gooberfest, just in case I have to search for this post… :0)

Attachments

there was a topic called post here till things get fix or something like that so we are all waiting for things to be fixed

I’m just bumping this thread because I noticed that the signature removal script doesn’t appear to be working anymore. I have noticed a few people with signatures that are longer than 3 lines. Or have the rules changed?

OMG Soter!!!that same thing happened to me!:eek: !for like two days i could not get in the forum it just showed up like that.I thought i had been banned or blocked but when i typed it again after two days it worked!