3 new scripts: GeomTool, MeshCopy/Paste, UVTool

Someone recomended me these scripts…

And i must say they are a gods send for my needs - so thanks a lot to the author

how does it come these aren’t in the svn???
copy/paste and uv tools really rock,
and i know these scripts only because somebody else dug up the thread from being lost in history…

I tried the Geom Tool script, it is excellent. Only one thing can be improved: distribute function doesn’t work if not entire edgeloops is selected, although the selected edges are part of one edgeloops. This can be bypassed by placing triangles to cut the edgeloops, but I think this functionality should be in script itself.

But still, great script, thanks!

Hi all,

This set of tools looks very useful, however I am unable to run it on Blender version 245. When I attempt to execute (alt-p) this line fails: import mesh_geom_tool_math

I followed the README instructions, even though there was no such bpymodules dir. Snippet from README reads: Put ‘mesh_geom_tool_math.py’ in your .blender/scripts/bpymodules.

I created the folder, but still no luck.
Also, I updated this env var with the folder path: PYTHONPATH. That didn’t help either.

Is this a known compatibility issue with newer versions of Blender/python?

I’d love to test drive these functions.

Thanks for any help!
Paul

Word.

(syukyvd < garbage so my t0o-short post will be accepted)

I was using the tool almost repeatedly on a project and the Script->mesh->Geomtool loop was getting annoying. So I took the time to edit the code so that it would stay open after execution (something the menu does not do) thus shortening access time on repetitive tasks. I renamed the script to geom rvmp (for Geometric Tools Revamped) so that both versions could co-exist just in case. I hope the author doesn’t mind me poking around in the code… I needed the change badly and could not take the time to contact the author for permissions. If Guillame still maintains the code I’d like to hand it over to him. If not, since it is GPL’d is there anywhere I can upload this?

I am not a professional programmer may not even be considered amatuer. So the code may not be optimised, yet the tool works almost exactly as Guillaume Englert had written it since I’ve only re-written the GUI part of the code.

Hie Kontagion,
I’m proud because it’s the 1rst code contribution I receive! :slight_smile:
You can send me your version of the script by email (my adress is in the script header) : if I find your code is cool, I’ll integrate it (I don’t care that you’re not a professional programmer :slight_smile:

hi GuieA_7,
where can i find the updated version?
migius

yes, feed us.

edit: please.

Hi dudes,
I have finally finished the new version of GeomTool script.
Excuse me for being so slow, but I don’t have a lot of free time.
The new version provides 2 different User Interfaces: the old one (pop up menu), and the new one based on the work of Kontagion (panel).
I have also improved the code, and fixed the ‘nearest plane function’ which didn’t work any more.
I hope you’ll enjoy even the changes are not that big.

is it possible to evolve the script to apply to two indep. objects? - right now if we have two objects we need to join them and enter edit mode, then do the operation, then un-join them.a

First off, please dont flame me for reviving this thread, unless you feel you must.

Many still dont know about this script(so maybe someone will find this gem due to the bump;-), and I had a question to pose at the same time…

Does this script work with 2.49a for anyone else? I’m now getting the following error in 2.49a(py2.5 OSX):

ImportError: No module named mesh_geom_tool_math 

Hi all,
I have fixed an annoying bug in ‘UV Tool’ script : an UV vertex which was selected but hidden was used in the algorithms. http://glender.hybird.org/#UV_TOOL

studioa: no it’s not possible ; the code would be too much complicated, and the UI too. The script hadn’t be created for that.

blenderificus: yes it works fine (on my linux). You must have the file mesh_geom_tool_math.py in the subdirectory ‘scripts’ OR ‘scripts/bpymodules’ of your blender directory.

Hi all,

sorry for the noise, but my server has moved, so the scripts URLs has changed. I have edited my old posts to set the new URLs.

Oh, and I’d love to rewrite my scripts (in particular geomtool) for Blender 2.5X, but I have not lot of free time ;( (and when I played with the new python API one year ago, I got weird results and lots of segfaults).

Hello GuieA_7!
Your scripts are very useful and they deserve to be integrated in Blender 2.5 and next releases.
I hope to see more inspirational modeling tools from you in the future.
Keep the good work!

Oh thx for your comment :slight_smile:

I’m very eager to see your great scripts ported to 2.5 when the time so allots itself.

Hi GuieA_7

I found your script as an excellent tool for Blender 2.49b.

Do you have some progress in rewriting it for Blender 2.5? There still looks having nothing similar, like easy way to intersect edges.

Thank you!

Thank you, zeffii!

No need to resurrect old threads.