3D Artists Wanted For Portal 2 Mod

Hi there,

We are looking for volunteer 3D Artists (animators and modelers) for our upcoming Portal 2 mod, Portal: System Failure.

You will be asked to create/texture/rig models from scratch and modify existing models for use in the Source engine by Valve. Experience with using the Source engine isn’t required by any means, though it would help in this role.

Keep in mind that this is an entirely hobby project, meant to be made just for fun - and it will additionally be releasing for free. So keep that in mind before considering. That being said, anyone who joins will not be required to follow any kind of deadline and you are additionally free to leave the project at any time.

For more information about our mod, you can check out the ModDB page:

The best way to get in contact with us would be by joining us on Discord, though you can also respond directly to this thread - just keep in mind that you are required to have a Discord account in order to join the team.

Side note: While we know this is primarily a forum for Blender users and artists we would also like to say that we are looking for volunteers to design maps in Hammer. So, if you are interested in that, you can also feel free to reach out to us.

Hi there!

I was interested in seeing what this whole project was about and thought that maybe I could join in. Im a 3D generalist and have worked on multiple software, I specialize in texturing through Substance Painter. I have worked on Unity and Unreal, but have no experience on Source.

I’ve always loved Portal as a franchise and would love to see what your studio is up to. If you’re interested in seeing what I can do, shoot me DM. I’d love to get involved!