3D Car Racing Game

Looking for enthusiastic people who are willing to help with creating a 3D Racer game.
I want this game to be in the arena of games like Juiced.

1. New vehicle models to be created:
    1.a) New Ford Mustang(GT500), Chev Camaro, Nissan GTR(2010), VW GTi or what ever VW has new, Any new Hyundai cars.
    1.b) These models must be as realistic as possible and low poly if possible.
    1.c) South African Race tracks must be used
    (ie. “Smile speedway neer Bronkhorstspruit & Tarlton Speedway between Magaliesburg and Rustenburg South Africa” for sprints.
    Kyalami, Zwartkops, Red star, & Phakisa for tracks.)

2. Found a very nice name for this game “BOOST”, now in need of an explosive introduction video clip.

3. Cool sound effects and even animation if possible.

4. Use you imagination (NO SCi Fi or blood n gore please !)

5. Props like fake “lead heavy” beach balls thrown out of cars while racing for your oponent to crash into etc.

Track and street racing!

Look at this website for tips and maps:
http://www.topbossracing.com/race_tracks.html
Although this site shows off bikes, I want this game to be with cars ? :wink:

I’ve got a few blueprints for use which I downloaded a while ago:
If you can find better blueprints, be my guest and use them ! Please !

[ATTACH]105542[/ATTACH]

Anybody upto the challenge ?

“Boost” is a Hi-tech car racing game, which starts off with ordinary go carts, then normal cars, then
sports/super cars, then finally space age cars.
The introduction video should have a saying like:

1. Welcome to “Boost” (with a Sexy female voice)
  2. My grandfather used to say that, “if you can ride a push cart, you can drive a car”
  3. So the first stage of this game will be a go-cart race around an oval track.
  4. If you win this race, you automatically go through to the actual car race sections !
    (It’s like getting a driver’s license)
    Real-time damage, Real-time lighting, Real-time shadows.
    Remember, “This is a game” so keep it cool !

Game Play:
Stages:

1. First “Introduction” scene, is a go cart race.
  2. Second scene is a normal race between the latest ordinary city cars around.
  3. Third scene, is sports/super cars.
  4. Fourth and final scene is space age cars.

Tracks:

1. Start off with the first heat at the Wembley oval track in Johannesburg which is also the start-off
    stage with the go-cart racing stagewhich will also be used for drifting.
  2. Second heat is Johannesbutg Central because it is Wembley’s closest town.
  3. Third heat is Kyalami racetrack near Midrand in Johannesburg.
  4. Fourth heat is a race through Midrand because it is “Kyalami’s” closest town.
  5. Fifth heat is Zwartkops racetrack near Pretoria.
  6. Sixth heat is a race through Pretoria central city because it is ”Zwartkop’s” closest town.
  7. Seventh heat is Killarney racetrack near Cape town.
  8. Eighth heat is Cape town because it is “Killarney’s” closest town.
  9. Ninth heat is Red-star racetrack near ?
  10. Tenth heat is ? Because it is “Red-star’s” closest town.

These heats have to be completed by each vehicle class before you can advance to the next vehicle
class/stage. In other words, stage one is the go-cart race in Wembley oval track (which is only a driver’s
license stage which will only be done and completed once in the beginning of the game)
Then stage 2 is the normal cars where you have to complete all heats before you can advance to the
next stage of “super/sports” cars, then stage 3 is the sport/super cars where you also have to complete
all the same heats, then after that the final stage 4 where you drive the space age cars through also all
the heats to get to the end where you win different prizes like “Cups”, “Money”, “Freedom of the City”
etc.
With every stage if you win any of the races, you win /unlock a screensaver you could install onto your
computer of the car you were driving for that stage. Plus I’m also thinking of incorporating an actual
prize to be won from the relevant car dealership which sponsored this game.

Game characters:

1. Two different male drivers,
  2. Two different female drivers. (All with racing suites on)
    These game characters will be driving the actual cars.
    You control the characters from the pavilion right into the cars and from there enter into the cars in the
    Pitts areas from where you have to drive your car to the “Start” line and then only the race countdown
    starts.

Props:

1. Beer cans
  2. Coca cola cans
  3. Wallet
  4. Stones
  5. Gravel
  6. Trees
  7. Free standing poles
  8. Bricks
  9. Papers
  10. Sign boards
  11. Street lights
  12. Bridges
  13. Ramps
  14. Flags
  15. Sign boards

Looks interesting, i’m not going to join or anything but if you didn’t already knew you can find some good references of cars at http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/

sorry for my probably bad english. XD

Sounds great, good luck with it!
But for commerical use… I think not. That’s just me, free games are getting more popular on the net, and within blender community, every one is used to free games. I think free would be the best course :slight_smile: IMO of course

I guess you understood me wrong.
The reason I’m thinking of using this game as a commercial project is to have “In-Game Advertising”.
I work for a car dealership in South Africa, in a small community where we do not have sufficient advertising opportunities like in the bigger cities in overseas countries like America.
This “In-Game Advertising” initiative will be a advertising space rental opportunity for business in our small town.
I still need people who are willing to spend their time helping me to get realistic ideas for this project, and to help model a few cars, and help with the programming etc.

I guess you understood me wrong.:no:
The reason I’m thinking of using this game as a commercial project is to have “In-Game Advertising”.:yes:
Which means that the game is totally free, but the advertising space isn’t.
I work for a car dealership in South Africa, in a small community where we do not have sufficient advertising opportunities like in the bigger cities in overseas countries like America.
This “In-Game Advertising” initiative will be an advertising space rental opportunity for business in our small town.
I still need people who are willing to spend their time helping me to get realistic ideas for this project, and to help model a few cars, and help with the programming etc.:cool:

ah i see, a good idea. I never thought of that. I could do the same thing for my game. Good luck with it!

EDIT: I may be able to help a bit :yes:

I rated it excellent :smiley:

-Ben

Ah, ok. That makes sense, and it’s not a bad idea :wink:

Gr8.
To what extent would you be willing and able to help ?

No problem !
Appreciate the visit to the thread.

Please get used to read posts/threads from this forum mate. Re-name(or encrypt) your e-mail address, or you might get spammed by bots

Ok how do I do that ?
I’m new as you noticed .

I sure want to help.
I mostly model, so I want to give the cars a try.
I need to warn you: I have’nt had any experience with real game developping.
So I will model one car and you can juge yourself if it’s good enough.
Just one question:
Which Ford mustang would you like?
http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/ford/37059/view/ford_mustang_bullitt_%282008%29/
http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/ford/23837/view/ford_mustang_gt_v8_2005/

or still another one?

Yeah gr8.
I like blueprint #2, but I’m actually looking for a GT500.
Low polly is best, but I need realistic cars.
I’ll upload one of my models when I get a chance.
Look at my website for some ideas anemotion

http://anemotion.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=88238710
http://anemotion.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=32194356
http://anemotion.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=85231732

OK, I’ve started working on the 2nd blueprint I posted.
Once I’ve got something decent I will post it here.

Ok, I’ve noticed that car’s might be just a little bit to difficult for me :s
But I’m already working on the track kyalami.

Gr8 man. I haven’t even started on the tracks yet. If you use google maps you could get nice snap shots of the buildings along side the race tracks also.

Cool man, what are you good at ?

Here are some first test images.
It’s not much yet, but still I thought you might like it.

Now still a few questions:
First of all, It seems on images that there are more than one routes, is it important which one I make, or do I need to make them all?
Second, can you maybe help me find detailed pictures on the track? I found some pictures on google images and google earth, but they are all very global and once you zoom in to much it isn’t that clear anymore.

No car game is complete without secret passage ways. Also the track shouldn’t be perfectley flat and you have to choose the setting. Is it on a beach, in the city, in the mountains. That plays a big part in the terrain.

WOW I like what you’ve done sofar. Yes, there are some up and down hills on these tracks but not much due being International high speed race tracks. I’ll try to get you some better shots of the tacks and buildings, but thats not that important because I’m going to improvise on it a lot. So you are almost free to use your imagination. I’ also thinking of props like coke cans, stones and gravel lying on the road surface just to make it a bit more interresting.