3D Cloud Graphics & Asset Pipeline Engineer - Contract

Hi!

Geomagical Labs is building 3D experiences in partnership with IKEA.

Our industry-leading, IKEA Kreativ app allows millions of customers to scan photorealistic models of their spaces, then furnish them with 3D products, through life-like mobile & web mixed-reality — reinventing home commerce along the way.

We have an opening for a 3D Asset Pipeline Engineer to join our Cloud Graphics engineering team.

In this technology role, you will develop automated software tools & pipelines for: 3D model processing, ray-tracing, AI training data synthesis, and batch creation of our interactive digital showrooms. The tools & technologies you will build will process high-resolution 3D graphics models into millions of photorealistic renders, and real-time LODs to be used by hundreds of millions of customers all around the world, on thousands of devices.

This could be a dream job for a highly-motivated software engineer, with 3D graphics skills, strong systems programming skills, and a passion for 3D mixed reality.

Responsibilities

• Partner with Applied Research & Engineering teams to deliver new 3D capabilities.
  • Develop Python tools & pipelines to optimize & manage millions of 3D models.
  • Automate ray tracing pipelines to produce photo-realistic imagery at high scale.
  • Create fast CGI render pipelines, producing high-volume data to train AI neural nets.
  • Develop innovative new cloud-based graphics features & services.
  • Enhance realism with enhanced materials & render engines.

Full details and job application below:

1 Like

I applied for this job and got rejected because they wanted me to do a coding test that has nothing to do with the job. Sure, I didn’t do the best but it was not related at all to things I have a lot of experience with, or anything related to the responsibilities of this listing.

I have been developing distributed render farm systems and related services capable of rendering millions of images in minutes for years, I have even had this exact position at different companies. if anything im beyond qualified for this position. The interview process is not aligned with the listing.

• Develop Python tools & pipelines to optimize & manage millions of 3D models.
    I have done this
  • Automate ray tracing pipelines to produce photo-realistic imagery at high scale.
    I have done this
  • Create fast CGI render pipelines, producing high-volume data to train AI neural nets.
    I have done this
  • Develop innovative new cloud-based graphics features & services.
    Ezpz
  • Enhance realism with enhanced materials & render engines.
    13 years of Blender/Cycles experience as a Render TD with PBR knowledge isn’t enough
4 Likes

feel like there could be made a point for programming ability if they want you to “Develop Python tools”

Sure, I do know how to use python there’s no doubt about that. Especially in the context of web services and apis. I learned python to make render farms, web services and pipeline tools.

The primary reason I didn’t do very well is because I was being interrogated by someone with leetcode challenges which honestly shut me down entirely. I was so stressed out (10+ years of working remotely gives you some social anxiety), the interviewer also left a few coding mistakes I had to fix in the interview that he didn’t notice at all while he was trying to explain things to me. (This was my first ever coding interview in my life)

I have been employed for over 10 years with no gaps in between, even working multiple jobs at the same time. They were all blender and python related, I’ve been called a 10x’er by multiple of my clients/employers.

They could of asked me to stand up a distributed multi-cloud render farm using my own software and I could have done it faster than that code interview. It was honestly just a bad test of skill.

The only reason I lost my job is because the FTX scam sent shockwaves through anything that slightly touched crypto and the company I was working at lost a lot of grants from web3 investors.

1 Like

Hey folks, I think you made your point - may I suggest you continue this conversation on a separate topic?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.